Battery drain fast

after recent software update, My fenix 6 sapphire battery drain so fat that one night 40% battery run off. would you please advise what's wrong? thanks!

• I’ve experienced the same thing after a recent software update on my F3HR, which stabilized after second charge after update. And I’ve just completed the second full charge after F6 software update seems to have helped. (2%dowm since this morning). I hope it stays this way. I’m afraid there’s no fix for the horrible gps performance though :(. 

• The reply from the Garmin Support team was:

1) How to do a factory reset (even if in my e-mail I explicitly explained that I had tried soft reset, delete

GarminDevide.xml, factory reset and even downgrading FW.)

2) Recommendations to how extend the life of the battery.

So I guess that the message here is that this watch battery can fail one year after

purchasing it and is perfectly fine? Prospective buyers beware.

What annoys me is not so much that there are issues (with software this is bound to happen),

but that there is no acknowledgement that there is an issue, dodging it, while by judging from some posts

by other people it seems that they are indeed working on it and a fix may be uploaded relatively soon.

A simple post acknowledging it, and you will be warning users so they do not find themselves in

the middle of nowhere with a drained battery, or sending messages to your  Customer Service

or initiating unnecessary returns for what it is most probably a temporary SW bug.

• Funny how things are different from watch to watch. With 11.10 I finally have an awesome battery life on my 6 sapphire. close to 0.2% drain per hour with now, after 6 days an estimated 19 days of usage. Pretty good since my previous version (beta something) drained at 0.4%/h

• Can you write me here your setup for this battery life? Want to try it after factory reset. 

• My watch is also eating up battery like crazy, I know it lasted about 10 days before, and started trying to keep it between 20-90% which usually was about once per week recharge. Sunday or Monday was last recharge to 95%, noticed this morning it gave me an alert 10% battery and in 2 hrs it got down to 5%...no settings have been changed. The only other thing I've noticed is the watch face sun rise/set time was screwy after update..

Update: after several reboots of watch and app it seems to be OK for battery life without activities, but I have also noticed many other complained about changes like increased awake times for sleep tracking (initially thought it was me just waking up during the night and not remembering), more elevation/floor climbing under reporting and less accuracy with steps under reporting...seems like a very poor software update overall.. I will have to wait and see how it does with an activity now since I've been busy.

Update a few wks later: battery issue appears to be fixed after the above watch&app reboot x2, OK w/activities too. Increased awake times@night, stairs climbed under reporting worse and step mild under reporting continue since update however..its possible I actually partially wake at night for longer than I think, but when I count steps they are still slightly under, and Garmin over 3 watches has always been VERY bad with floors climbed: not a big change there.  

• Any issues on software version 11.10 (latest)? Battery at 13% after light use, 1 day.

My Fenix 6x Pro has been delivering 1-2 weeks battery life depending on use tracking runs, walks, and playing music. However earlier this week I fully charged it, was at 87% the next morning (odd), then 13% by the end of the day (yikes). No unusual activity that day: no music, a short afternoon tracked walk, and a longer evening walk untracked. No new widgets, watch faces, playlists. At a loss for an explanation.

Rebooted and fully charged it today; hope it was an isolated incident.

UPDATE: Reboot and full charge appears to work, however I have not done any tracked activities yet.

• I have to charge mine every evening

• After a trail run in navigation mode yesterday (which I stopped and saved, as usual), my Fenix 6 Pro running 11.10 is eating through its batteries like crazy. From 100% to 20% in 8 hours overnight (worn on wrist). Trying a soft reset now.

• I did a hard reset a couple weeks ago and all was going well.  This week my fenix 6X sapphire's battery is draining like crazy again.  Garmin really needs to fix this.  I feel like I have an overpriced Apple Watch at this point that needs to be charged nightly.  A software update needs to address this asap!!!