Battery drain fast

after recent software update, My fenix 6 sapphire battery drain so fat that one night 40% battery run off. would you please advise what's wrong? thanks!

• I'd try one more time.  Perhaps no add on's. Just run 24 hours and see what happens.

Seems other who have factory reset have had success.

Just a thought.

• Happy to share that it has been 5 full days since factory reset and 100% charge and my Fenix 6x is at exactly 50% charge.

Super happy it is back to its long battery life.

Normal workouts and activities with GPS usage.

Can't recommend more highly that to do the factory reset for this bug.

• Good to hear that it's worked for some, but it hasn't fixed anything for me. I reset it again and installed nothing extra this time, and turned off as many features as possible and it still used 27% over the course of a 1.5hr activity. Turned GLONASS off for next activity and it used 10% in 30mins. Battery usage outside of activities remains high for some time afterwards (over 1%/hr) and eventually tapers off to around .5% per hr after a few hours. If I restart the watch and don't start any activities, battery use is as expected (around .25% per hour) but as soon as I even go to an activity (not even start it) battery usage goes through the roof.

I purchased my watch very close to launch (Jan/Feb 2019) and I'm wondering if the 16.60 FW broke something in the early HW versions? Just speculating...all I know is that since 16.60 was applied, battery life has been garbage.

In any case, I called Garmin and they acknowledged that my issue seems to have been caused by the 16.60 FW and they could offer no other troubleshooting steps beyond what I've already done, so they are sending me a replacement. It's a refurb, but my watch isn't exactly new anymore, so it's better than nothing.

• Well that stinks.  Sorry you are having troubles, so frustrating.  I was at that point until my reset fixed.  I'm at day 7 from last charge and have 35% left.  Crazy.

Good luck

• Thanks. I received my replacement watch yesterday, loaded up my typical watchface, widgets etc and configured it as my old one was (default settings for most, battery saver on at night, no pulse ox, no notifications) and the battery life is astonishing. Since yesterday afternoon, it has only used 1% Either the watch isn't reporting correctly, or my old watch was worse than I thought.

I have yet to do an activity, but from what I've seen so far I don't expect there to be any issues.

Also interesting to note is that there is now a 17.xx beta FW out and it includes an update to the GPS, but release notes don't mention specifically what was fixed/improved with the GPS. My issues seemed to be almost entirely GPS related.

In any case, I've disabled Auto Updates and will wait to see if there is any fallout from future releases before updating my watch.

• 2 weeks ago I updated ( auto updated) my 6 PRO to fw 16.70 and after that day the battery drains ultra fast, more and less 1.5%/hour without doing any activity nor activated the VO2.

I contacted the Garmin Support and all the answers were to reset the equipment, remove the IQ apps, and some more tips. Nothing fixed the problem.

Meanwhile I installled the release candidate 17.73 and the problem still.

So, I will need to send my watch to Garmin Support, covered by warranty, due a problem related to a software update :(

Garmin, note that your Watches are expensive and you need to have more careful with the firmware updates quality, please. We need to wait several months for a fix?

Thanks

• I tried the hard reset and charged to 100% yesterday and it's still draining faster than normal. In about 24 hours with no recorded activities (rest day), optical HR on, bluetooth to my phone on, pulse ox off, and no third party apps, widgets, or watch faces it has lost about 12%. At that rate there is no way it'll get the battery life it's supposed to.

It's almost 2 years old so definitely out of warranty but I'm going to give contacting support a try later this week. At the very least they'll probably let me trade it in for a refurbished unit at less than the cost of a new one.

• I had the same issue, tried multiple resets and multiple FW versions, with nothing running and my battery life never recovered. In the end Garmin shipped me a refurb unit as a replacement for free. My watch was over 2yrs old.

The refurb watch uses less than 5% per day (including activities) with a couple of widgets, a non-Garmin watch face and pretty much default, out of the box settings. My last charge was on the 18 and I still have 71% battery left.

• What have you done to get it? Connected directly with US Office Garmin?

• Mine was brand new back late Feb / early March and since the 17.73b change, I'm burning 12% a day, stock watch face, no pulse OX, no WIFI. It says 15 days with the settings I have on full charge, but I think it's going to be around 8-9 days with my typical GPS usage.

I'm not actually unhappy charging ever 8 to 9 days, but 15 days has always been pie-in-the-sky for me, purely due to the non-GPS burnrate.