Fenix 6 Series - 10.77 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

10.77 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for canceling a route when in simple tracking mode for Indoor Climb.
  • Brought in improvements for broadcasting heart rate over Bluetooth.
  • Made several improvements for golf.
  • Brought in improvements for Surf.
  • Fixed an issue where certain types of smart notifications would not auto-dismiss intermittently.
  • Fixed an issue where smart notifications received in quick succession would not populate its options correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the device would fail to save an activity and the progress spinner would spin indefinitely.
  • Made other bug fixes and code improvements.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.12
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.06
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Do you notice any problems with stress reading? Mine records a lot of "brakes", it just stops, tells me to check fitting etc Slight frown

• Поскольку я обновился до версии 10.77, часы не дают мне возможности выбрать тренировку, которую я запланировал в своем календаре на день. В последних версиях я выбирал профиль бега, и часы сразу же показывали, какую тренировку я запрограммировал на этот день в этом профиле, давая мне возможность увидеть его шаги, выбрать его или пропустить.

+1, Sent to Garmin

• I found it in the "training Calendar" folder

• Hi all, I just thought I'd give Livetrack another try, since it seems to be upgraded now to 2.0. However, I have a few findings and suggestions. I was able to follow my own livetrack only for a minute or so. After that, the website just said "signal lost, trying to reconnect" , which disappeared, but my location was never updated. Also, it took quite some time for livetrack to start. Only after a few 100m it started, why not start immediately after starting the activity?

As a suggestion; right now you can only share via email and twitter. Why not facebook, sms, whatsapp, signal, telegram or even IFTTT?

What are your findings with the new livetrack? I'm not even sure what the new features are.

• it works quite well for me, and what you describe about the time it takes to start, is how it looks to be design.

I'd risk the theory that they want to really send notifications to the contact list, when you started an event, and really do it, not  when doing a "false" start (forgetting sunglasses back to home, etc), so only when you are really moving for a while.

Added to this, my wife follow my tracks when I'm going out for 2/3 hours, if I'm still moving, then I'm fine and she can relax ;)

Last but not least, they fixed a long standing bug with grouptrack, it now show buddies position on the map, and that's REALLY great, as I like to run in other trails than my wife, and we can meet easily :) Slight smile

Group track take a few minutes to show others, but that's more than good in real situations.

don't expect to get real time updates, there is some delay, dependant on network signal mostly, but that's precise enough.

About ifttt, you can likely create something that react to the email sent :)

• Hello! After install this update the battery dosent last as use to. Have the same widgets as on 10.10.

• The second attempt, it worked fine. Group track sounds great, I guess I need more garmin friends Wink.

Another nice feature would be to enable viewing users to like and comment on the activity, which would then optionally be read to the person working out.

• Don't know if it was a one off, but I had my HR (HRM RUN) seemingly disconnect 11 mins into a 3 hour run. No Running dynamics data after that time, except for a minute at the end. HR data there, but don't know if that was wrist or not

• Do you have a HR strap? I've had two spikes in the last week, when for some reason it connected to my HR strap sitting on the hook I hang it on :)

• HR data there, but don't know if that was wrist or not

Do you have FitFileRepairTool? With that you can see what sensor used. If not publish it or send me the file, I can check.