This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is the new “Power Sapphire” crystal used on the Tactix Delta Solar?

I apologize that this question is in the Fenix 6 forum but there isn’t a dedicated Tactix section, so I figured I’d ask here. 

I’ve been searching for more info on what makes “Power Sapphire” on the Tactix Delta Solar different than “Power Glass” and non-solar sapphire?  So far I haven’t been able to find any information on the web, YT, here, or on Garmin’s site.

Has the clarity compared to previous sapphire glass been improved with Power Sapphire (closer to Gorilla Glass)?

• But how?  The word from Garmin regarding the use of GG over sapphire before the Delta was because the reflectiveness of sapphire reduced the charging capabilities. 

• Was that officially from Garmin or was it the consensus of the forum users? I can’t remember.

• I can’t remember either. I thought I read it on the Corning site.  Of course as the maker of GG, they’ve also poo poo’ed sapphire over other downsides to GG.  

• This is good info.   My current wish (wonder how many others would like the same), is for the MARQ line to be refreshed based on the solar sapphire Tactix Delta.   

• This is such helpful information, thank you so much! Would you please just be so kind as to explicitly confirm whether the tactix Delta SOLAR comes with a DOMED sapphire crystal lens? Garmin's website only mentions the DOMED lens as a feature of the tactix Delta Sapphire edition, but NOT of the SOLAR and SOLAR BALLISTICS editions. Your answer will determine which of your Garmin watches I will purchase next, so I'd highly appreciate your input, Chris. Thank you in advance!

• The Tactix Delta different models are accurately depicted in their specs page. Only the base Tactix Delta has the Domed Sapphire Crystal. Both solar models are listed as "Power Sapphire" which is our fancy name to say a sapphire crystal and your watch is solar charging capable.

• Wow, thank you so much for your quick reply, Chris. I understand that the Tactix Delta Solar does NOT have a domed lens then after all. So maybe you want to update/correct this post of yours from 2 years ago to avoid further confusion. Thank you again!

Done. Thank you for pointing out the update needed.