Would you buy a Fenix 6?

Hi folks,

I'm a keen runner and cyclist and considering updating from FR235 to a Fenix 6x Pro.  I'm pretty happy with the Forerunner, but I rather like creating new routes to run cross-country or in a new city and (I think) having the map and a big screen to view it on would be a big bonus over my existing watch, in addition to some of the training options like Pace Pro.

So features I think I'll rely on the most are:

• Accurate GPS and HR when running/cycling
  • Accurate VO2 max, recovery and "body battery" type health metrics
  • All day HR to feed into recovery and health stats

I've been watching this forum for a while, and I see various threads describing issues with the GPS and HR measurements compared to other Garmin watches.  I remember it took a few months of updates to get the FR235 up to the accuracy I enjoy today.  Am I seeing a similar thing playing out here or is something else happening, such as poor QA leading to some bad batches and dud devices, or are there fundamental problems with the case or sensors, such as the new GPS chip?

Are there people out there where everything I've described as important to me works 100% as hoped or would I be better off sticking with my Forerunner for now?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your responses.

David 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

I have been very helpful with this watch

Thank you Garmin

• well, i'm not totally happy about my f6pro titanium. The ring get scratches so easily and looks that is impossible to replace. But i bought the original titanium bracelet. Now is so cool and elegant. Just for the weekend :).

The hr looks good even in the water. Pulse ox is quite useless. I don't like that u need to have gps service active on the phonr to get the weather widget info.

Expected more fot a 900€ sportwatch

• Well , i bought it, but with the software situasion at Garmin i would not do it again. Too many bugs, here is my sleep from last night, was way off when i woke up, but now it’s totally gone. They are in deed  a bunch of amateurs, not test something of what they trow to the consumers.

• positives

battery life

maps navigation

plethora of metrics

always on screen

great support

keep adding features even after product is sold

even accuracy unless i am worried about centimeters and millimeters

negatives

build quality..my screen got scratched and bezel ia beginning to lighten up at edges

• Well I recently bought a Fenix 6 Pro, coming from a Vivoactive 3. Never imagined buying a Fenix because of the price point but wanted a watch I could use for sports, business and leisure. The VA3 is a nice fitness tracker but it was not cutting it in terms of features and the visual look (feminine, plasticy). Sure, it hurt paying 599 bucks for it although luckily I did my research and concluded all the extra stuff Solar/Titanium/Sapphire wasn't worth it for me. Gotta say the watch feels really good in all aspects (even if the screen did have a bit of that blue tint effect).

Initially I was worried about the non-DLC bezel (although we all know both DLC and Sapphire can get scratches). However, I gotta wonder what kind of wear and tear some of you guys put your watches through... I have an old all-black regular watch (looks a bit like a Fenix or a sports watch) that I used for almost a decade as a party watch. It's taken hits to tables, hard floors and anything you come across during wild nights. Still, the black coat hasn't worn off and there is not a single scratch visible enough for me to feel like the watch looks 'worn out'. This watch cost something like 80-100 bucks new. Surely the bezel on Fenix is as good as an 80-dollar watch bezel.

• I love my F6x sapphire and I would buy it again in a minute. I use it every day for a variety of activities, including mountain biking, golf, hiking, and sleep tracking. It still looks like the day it was new, and all the functions work great for me, including HR and GPS.

I also use it every day for notifications, which are very important to me.

I also love the battery life, especially compared to all other smart watches.

No complaints about the F6x for me. I love it and would buy it again 100%.

• I completely agree with indymtb.  I am having no issues with my 6s and love all of the data.  I had a FR235 a while back.  it is a great watch, but can't compare to the Fenix.  One thing that wasn't mentioned is the weight of the different watches.  The fenix is quite a bit heavier than the 235.  That's not good or bad, it's just something you will need to get used to.