Stress Measurement Issues After Activity - Please Post Here

This seems to have been an issue with most builds of the watch. I have emailed Garmin about it multiple times.

How many others Are experiencing the same thing?

After recording a run my watch (Fenix 6 pro) stops reading stress completely for about 1-2 hours. When it comes back on it is then intermittent for another 2-3 hours. 

It feels like this should be an easy fix!

• I’ll let you know, bit of a delay as they will send out next week but should know soon.

• Not sent my Fenix 6 Pro back yet but today got my wife a Fenix 6s from Amazon. After Garmin saying they had no other reports of the issue when I contacted them and so it must be hardware related.... my wife’s new 6s has exactly the same issue.

Surely this must be a software issue or at the very least a wider issue, too much of a coincidence! Would be really grateful if anyone else who is experiencing this contact Garmin to let them know.

Run completed during the large grey section and no stress recorded after except for 2 very short periods.

• I don’t suppose you could help? I have a replacement watch coming but I’m almost certain now to get the same issue.

• After Garmin saying they had no other reports of the issue when I contacted them and so it must be hardware related.... my wife’s new 6s has exactly the same issue

Funny that I was having these conversations with support back in February. They certainly have heard of the problem.

• It’s very frustrating as my wife had a Vivoactive 3 before and it never had this issue.

The watches are still amazing but I just wish everything worked.

• Same again today, no stress recorded at all for almost 2 hours after a run activity. My wife’s new 6s is also showing the same behaviour after every run so I can’t believe this is only happening on a small number of devices.

With stress not working it flatlines the body battery. With this the body battery is useless as is any future update that Garmin may or may not bring regarding workout suggestions on device. Happens on both hard runs and easy runs.

Hard reset (holding down off button until device turns off) fixes every time, this cannot be a hardware fault surely? There has to be something SW related here with the stress “app” on watch crashing or something after running activities? 2 devices suffering the same problem purchased 10 months apart being used in the same household.

• I'm wondering you you wear an HR chest strap during activities - if so, could it be an issue with the changeover back to OHR?

• I thought it might be that also as I do wear a strap and for walks it is usually better (but not always). However my wife does not wear an HR strap and she gets the same after any run activity so I don’t think that’s it.

I have also tried turning off the strap within settings after the run just to make sure it wasn’t still trying to find it but that didn’t’t seem to work either.

• When I do hike / walk activities, stress and body battery resume right away after the activity. When i do a run (with HR chest strap), it's been taking around 30 min to get stress and body battery data.

• Is it sweat or something after the activity? I always make a point of taking my watch off, rinsing it then putting it back?

May be worth a quick test doing the same and see if it behaves perhaps?