When will Garmin watches work with the Keiser M3i Bluetooth converter?

I have a Keiser M3i spin bike with the Bluetooth converter.

When will the fenix watches be able to capture the data and integrate it into Garmin Connect?

I know I can export/import a TCX file into Garmin Connect.  But it's a pain in the butt and it doesn't contain heartrate data.

I can capture the activity on the watch at the same time but then it is only heartrate data for that Garmin activity.

You end up having two activities for the same time in Garmin Connect.

I know I can buy a Polar heartrate band but that's a hack.

I would like my Garmin watch to get the data from the Keiser converter (via Bluetooth) and integrate it with the watch sensors and provide one activity report for use in Garmin Connect.

• See this - it’s a alternative keiser converter which also sends out ANT+ and works with fenix watches with ant.

m.facebook.com/.../

• Yes.  It records distance, speed, and time.  If you have the Keiser M Series Converter (https://www.keiser.com/m-series-converter), try these steps from your Garmin Fenix 6S Pro Solar:

1.  Go to "Sensors & Accessories";
    2.  Choose "Add New";
    3.  Choose "Spd/Cad - M3i[followed by several numbers]" and then "Connect"; and then
    4.  Choose "Bike Indoor" and enjoy your Peloton class!

I also connect to "FP- [followed by several numbers]".  I'm not sure what this is exactly, but it seems to make everything work as far as getting all the info to appear on the watch face.

You might also try peddling while you're trying to make these connections.  I found that to be helpful too, because it engages the bluetooth converter needed to make the connection with Garmin.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

• This alternative Keiser converter has been a game changer! It does exactly what I've been trying to figure out how to do for months.

I wanted simplicity - to be able to get on my bike with no other accessories, fire up a Peloton class, and start my Garmin watch to track my bike workout. This K2Pi alternative converter allows me to do EXACTLY that. It was so easy to use. I just plugged it in and started pedaling. It seamlessly connected to the Keiser bike. On my watch, I connected this alternative converter as a speed/cadence sensor and as a power sensor, and I was ready to go with ALL the data on my watch as I worked out.

Here's a quick background on what I was looking for: I want all the work I put into the Keiser bike recorded in Garmin Connect. This is my single app for all my workouts - I also run and do strength training and I don't want to have to track these different workouts on different apps. I have the Forerunner 745 and have the Bluetooth converter from Keiser. My Garmin watch connects to the Keiser converter but I've only been able to get speed/cadence. Even though the watch recognizes the Keiser converter as a power sensor, the data has never been able to come into my watch. I was never able to get BOTH cadence and power coming into the Garmin watch (but I am able to get both from the K2Pi). The only info I was able to track was heart rate (from Garmin watch) and cadence (from Keiser) from my workouts. This data wasn't enough to count towards my training load that Garmin tracks. You need to have the power to get the full picture of your workout and efforts. What I reluctantly ended up doing was using the heart rate monitor that came with the bike, and while I was doing Peloton on the iPad, and I had the Keiser app on my phone tracking my workout. The Keiser app would then upload all the data to Strava, and I would export the TCX file from the Keiser all and upload to Garmin Connect. For the kind of fitness tech we have today, this is tedious. The K2Pi alternative converter solves this problem and streamlines your workout so you only need your bike, this converter, and your Garmin watch.

Thank you for making this alternative converter! It's been absolutely amazing!

• Check out the alternative converter that a user in this discussion thread has built and posted about a few weeks ago. Its called the K2Pi (Keiser to Raspberry Pi). It does exactly what you're looking for! Slight smile

• Thanks for the fab review- Thumbsup tone1

you only need to connect to ‘PWR’ (which is the ant+ service) on your watch to get power and cadence (I’d suggest you delete the other service ‘SPD/CAD xx.xx.xx.xx.xx’ as that’s not required (it’s Bluetooth service)

I have 5 left out of the 20 I made during lockdown after realising how good and easy they were to use - will probably do a few more if I get more requests I suppose - don’t recognise you name from my deliveries list? I’m assuming you bought the ANT+ version... 

perhaps you would consider cut and paste your fab review onto my Facebook reviews page? 

m.facebook.com/.../

• Thank you so much!! I have been waiting for over a year for this to work and it finally did!!

• So glad to hear it's working for you!  I was, likewise, thrilled when I discovered it worked for me!  Best!

• Does this allow you to use a garmin HR monitor? Or do you use the Polar that syncs with the Kesier? 

• Thanks for sharing this.  I wonder where I would be able to purchase a K2Pi alternative converter.  I have a garmin forerunner 945 that I want to pair with my keiser.  Thanks for your help.  

• Thanks for sharing this.  I wonder where I would be able to purchase a K2Pi alternative converter.  I have a garmin forerunner 945 that I want to pair with my keiser.  Thanks for your help.