Fenix 6 Series - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update for the Fenix 6/s/x Pro models. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3293.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device. This issue only affects the Pro models.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets. These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above to add the widget. On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)6.03
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Perhaps next beta can address texts and messages displayed on watch. 

Case scenario.  I get a mms or whatsapp message. Then 0-1 secs later person sends a second message.  Only the first is displayed from the sender. Watch should display both as one message, or at least two separate messages, and worst case, just last.

If I recall correctly,  the fenix 3hr used to display all nee msgs recieved as one (if person sent 2 or 3 or more one after the other)

• Same issue for me, if I get up briefly during the night and go back to bed, the watch stop tracking sleep.

• Thank you; waiting next night to see Sleep widget.

But I've 1 question: in the Fenix6XPro_992Beta.zip there is a folder "WiFi_v260" with the file "GUP2196.GCD", but in the installation instructions nothing is said about this.

As I've a Wifi sub-folder of Garmin, I tried to put the .gcd file in the REMOTESW folder. And I continue to have wifi after the upgrade. 

Is a dummy file, or who wants to do the upgrade should also do waht I've done with the wifi file? And if yes, what is the upgrade in the wifi?

Thank you again

• So what have I missed with audio alerts? I activated them via garmin connect ios and they work without a phone and bose soundsports. So Awesome!!

Also saw it and activated on my edge 530 (separate forum) as well as navigation audio alerts. Double sweet.

• The Wifi version was not changed since the last stable release so if you already have 2.60 which is likely the case you can either ignore it or put the file to the REMOTESW folder, it won't do any harm.

• I got very weird sleep data this morning with this new beta. The watch gave me the sleep results below which I feel correct, I didn't wake up during the night and surprisingly I also got information how the exercise I did yesterday affects to my sleep. And indeed, I woke up between 5:15-5:20. Cool.

However, then I went to GC Web, which was synced at 5:32:

After re-synced the watch manually at 5:49:

They were completely different results, I have no idea where the data had come from after the first sync as I checked the widget approximately 5 mins after having woken up and it showed the correct data which can be seen on the watch screenshots.

• Same here. After the first sync(GCM) the web shows the same duration but different start/end time. 

After the 2nd sync(GCM) the web and widget show the same

Same issue as other users - if I wake up sometime during the night then go asleep again(at least one more hour) this new sleep time is not considered anymore

• have no idea where the data had come from after the first sync

This

When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Connect had used its own (old) sleep algorithm, but eventually the watch sleep data synced and overwrote it.

• That might have been the case, but I have never ever got that much deep sleep phases before, and especially not during the whole night, usually I have a short deep phase in the beginning of the sleep.

• other problem that i have is that i stop receiving the phone notifications :(