Fenix 6X - since last week battery drains heavily!

Hi there,

first time, I am writing here, because, well, never had any issues and been using first the Fenix 5X and then upgraded to the 6X last September.

Since approximately seven days, the battery drains really fast! Have the watch since September last year and got solid battery life like charging it every 5 days while using it quiet intensively (around 900 activtiy minutes per week plus yoga everyday). Now, the battery has dropped from 95% to 10% within a day without my using it for any activity. I have de-installed all non-Garmin watchfaces as I thought Infocal would be the culprit. I also de-installed anything else Non-Garmin.

Yesterday, I got normal battery life. In the morning I had 5Days left, went running for 40 min and had 4Days this morning. Howevery, right this morning, it dropped again from 50% to 9% with no apparent reason. WLAN is switched off permanently. I certainly didn't drop the watch and can rule out physically damaging the cells.

The software is 9.0.0. I do not know whether the drop in battery life occurred right after update. The last update I noticed was for Bluetooth. 

Anybody else seen this behavior?

• I'm afraid that nobody is going to resolve it. Send it back to Garmin for replacement, you should get new device (had similar problem for 2 months, investigating, reinstalling, resetting, etc.) and now I'm already enjoying new Solar, which is perfect after 1 week of use (no screen, battery or button issues).

• I only had it happen the one time -- for me it was after a workout with external HR (coincidence or not).  I keep  BT and wrist HR enabled. Pulse ox is disabled.  No music, just paired to phone.  So no  pattern that I can tell, but the good news is it's low occurrence so far.

• If you have any third party battery monitoring widgets installed it would be worth removing them and seeing if things improve. Just use the watch's own battery display for % or days remaining. 

• I got very fast response from Garmin. Sent it in on Tuesday, got an answer on Wednesday and the notification that they shipped it to DHL in the evening. Unfortunately, it went to Augsburg, which is a part of Germany where parcel take for ever even without the Corona-crisis...

Maybe I have it back tomorrow or then Tuesday, due to the public holiday on Monday!

Well, I d not like the data detox too much and my other watches seem so small on my wrist...

For wilderness trip I always take map and compass along anyway and not solely rely on the Fenix and the smartphone for navigation. I have also seen my smartphone drain really quickly, when it tried to constantly upload photos with no proper internet connection.

• So, I got a new watch today! That was quick and I am happy about the good service. The software is now 8.20... Maybe I should keep it from updating...

• I tried multiple things, including upgrading to the latest beta firmware (9.x something), but that still didn't resolve.  So I reluctantly called Garmin, and they are giving me a new unit, which is nice.  What's better - I did the option where I paid them a deposit, so they send it out immediately and let me keep the old one until it arrives.  I then send the old one back, and once they get it - they refund the deposit.  So no time 'without'.  So really no downside.

• Actually I can report the same After św 9.0.0 update. Battery lasts shorter. 

This is what I was Able to acheve 19days. Now it is around 10days.

This is usage berore. 

This is my current. 

Some process es are draining 30% more battery. 

I wish to discovery what is that process. 

• PulsOX is using a lot of energy. Maybe you turned it on without noticing it? It has reduced the battery life on my new replacement by 50% when I turned it on - from 20 days to 10 days.

• not for me I can say - I had everything turned off.  pulsox, HR - the only thing I had on was limited notifications (text message basically) - and it still drained quickly after 9.0.  My new watch arrives today - that's great customer service.  24 hours after I called them, and I'll have a new watch within a few hours.