[POLL] OHR plausibility when not exercising

There have been many posts and many reports of innaccurate HR readings from the wrist optical sensor throughout forums of the newer line of devices, however they are not all related to the same issue. Some claim their readings are off in certain activities (such as Hiking), some say their readings are always off, and some only refer to their HR readings throughout the day when working/reading/watching televison or doing house chorse.

I'd like to keep this thread only to HR readings while doing anything that you wouldn't start an activity for - the everyday life. I've created the following poll for this to try and collect what members of this forum feel about their HR sensor in that regard:

• So far seems quite even, but obviously too few votes...

• 6 questions and 1 answer? It doesn't make sense. There should be 6 answers. But applause for the idea. 

For me, it works super, only outside of activity the sensor sometimes jumps for no reason

• One time, for a few minutes after a run, the HR seemed a bit wonky after I exited the activity (fluctuating between like 80-150bpm), but other than that one event, I haven't ever seen any values that didn't make sense.

I don't use multiple HR devices at the same time, like some of you guys who for some reason wear like 4 OHR watches at the same time all day, so I can't say with 100% certainty that it's always correct, but it has always seemed realistic to me. When I'm sedentary, it's between 60-80. When I'm walking around / doing day-to-day stuff, it's 70-100. If I run up and down the stairs a couple times it'll get up into the 120's... and so on. It's never seems really wrong to me. I have never tested really-high HR outside of an activity because if I'm doing something that strenuous, I'm always recording an activity.

• Have a bracelet since February 2020
    Garmin’s OHR display not accuracy heart rate and arrhythmia.
    Now, each sports training on the one arm is  Fēnix 6Pro on the other old PolarM430
    I am the third year in a nordic walking sport team.
  • The 6 questions are only there to make the responders think "have I actually ever looked at my HR while climbing the stairs?" or "have I actually ever chcked if my HR shoots after a 30 second sprint to catch the bus?"

The question to answer is general - how "plausible" do you find OHR?

• I don't know you or your age or fitness level or any other physilogical trait but are you sure that 70-100 is a valid HR for you when you're just walking around?

• I've noticed recently that anytime I'm using the 'workout' app on my F6XSapphire for tracking an indoor HIIT, my OHR reading stays stuck between 80-90 bpm even when my HR is clearly 120+

The reading seem to be in that range for the Entire workout (~20 min). Has anyone else experienced something like this? If yes, any way to fix this?

• I would rate my cardio as "average". My RHR is around 55 usually, so ya it's not uncommon for my HR to exceed 70 when I'm out walking around. It only gets above 90 if I'm doing doing more strenuous walking, like hiking or using stairs. On fairly strenuous hikes, I usually average about 105. Might sound a little high, but it's the unfortunate reality for this ex-smoker Smiley

• Should I be worried? I get above one 100 for just walking too, and I think I'm fine, I mean I walk as fast as my body allows it, I want to get somewhere, so its max walking speed.

• I also walk fast, 100 bmp is completely normal. When I go uphill, real. pulse 130-150, fenix 6X shows still 90-105bmp. You can almost never go above 100 :(