Pool Swim Pacing not present in 5.72

Hi

One of the features in 5.72 that I want to test is Pool Swim Pace alerts.

I tried to set it in the Pool Swim app but it is not there. I only get Time, Distance and Calories.

I have tried to uninstall the app and installing it again, but the option just doesn't show up.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Top Replies

All Replies

• I hadn't got around to trying this (seemingly missing) feature that should have come with sw 5.72 beta as I've had some sort of Man Flu bug this past week, but I've just checked and you're right, I can't find the setting where it should be according to the Swim 2 manual https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/garminswim2/EN-US/GUID-728C60F9-7346-44AE-A4E8-3AEC13A217E7.html, I just get Time, Distance and Calories.  As you're running the 5.72 beta, you may wish to help make the right people aware of the issue by dropping a brief summary to [email protected] (putting Fenix 6 in the email title somewhere).

Setting a Swim Pace Alert

You can set a target pace for your pool swim. An alert notifies you each time you should turn at the pool wall. For example, if you set a pace target of 2 minutes per 100 m, with a pool length of 25 m, the alert will sound every 30 seconds.

NOTE: Pacing alerts require precise interval timing. For more accurate results when swimming with a pace alert, use the LAP key for rest intervals instead of the auto rest feature.
    1. From the watch face, select START > Pool Swim > Options > Alerts > Add New > Pacing.
    2. Set the units to meters or yards.
    3. Enter the time.

The target pace time appears at the top of the screen.

4. Select START.

A screen appears indicating how frequently the pacing alert sounds based on the selected pool size.

5. Select BACK twice to return to the timer page.
  • Hi

Thanks for reporting this! I checked it out, looks these are working in the base-model Fenix 6 and 6s units, but they were missed in the Pro/Sapphire/Solar variants. Sorry about that! We will have this fixed when we provide the next beta version.

Thanks,
    Mel
    Garmin Outdoor Software Quality