What activity should I use when running with a beginner?

I am helping my girlfriend start runing. She is doing a Couch to 5K plan at the moment and being winter here in the UK she wants me to run with her when its dark etc. 

Obviously being a beginner she doesn't run too quick yet and stops a few times. What do people recommend I use to track my activity but that won't affect my running statistics, like VO2. Would just a Trail Run suffice?

Thanks for any help. 

Parents
  • Why not just do the run activity if that’s what it is? 

VO2 should not be negatively affected by taking it easy, as it is factoring in how high your HR goes (and maybe HRV?) relative to speed/distance. So if you go easy and your HR stays low, you should be good

As for Training Status, if you really did the activity, what’s the harm in it counting it as low aerobic?

• Why not just do the run activity if that’s what it is? 

VO2 should not be negatively affected by taking it easy, as it is factoring in how high your HR goes (and maybe HRV?) relative to speed/distance. So if you go easy and your HR stays low, you should be good

As for Training Status, if you really did the activity, what’s the harm in it counting it as low aerobic?

Children