Fenix 6 Sapphire - respiration My Day Card not existing in Garmin Connect

While checking some YouTube videos about the Fenix 6 I realized there should be a My Day Card for Respiration in the Garmin Connect mobile app! Also respiration should show up in the Yesterday's statistics card too.

See the cards/info I'm missing highlighted in the attached screenshots (taken from this YouTube video, at 12:26 onwards) www.youtube.com/watch

• I have a Fenix 6 Sapphire
  • I have done the latest update to 4.20
  • I'm using Android, running latest Garmin Connect app
  • I've already tried to remove the Fenix 6 from the app and re-add it
  • I've already uninstalled the whole Garmin Connect and re-installed
  • I've already tried to manually start breathing exercises from the watch (and finished them, saved them - they show up in the Garmin Connect as usual finished exercises). This trick didn't make the card appear.
  • And obviously I've checked under "Edit My Day" that there is no "Respiration" card unchecked (it doesn't exist)

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered same issue and found a fix.

I would rather have the respiration metric in the Garmin Connect just like someone seems to have on the video, rather than every time have to scroll to Widget Glance on the watch itself to see respiration..

• I have the same problem. The widget shows up on my 6 Saphire, but I cannot see the data in Garmin connect. During an activity with the HRM-Tri I get the activity Respiration Rate though.

• No respiration card here either (F6 Pro Sapphire / Android).

• My Garmin Connect for Android has the Respiration Card as shown in the photo. But I have a Fenix 6X Sapphire. I wonder if this issue is limited to just the Fenix 6.

• No respiration card here either (F6 Pro, Android)

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Kepa

Same---- 6 pro and no card.

• We have confirmed that Respiration should be showing up in Garmin Connect Mobile if the fenix 6 is getting the respiratory data too.

To confirm your fenix six is getting respiratory data, please view the Garmin support article:
    Understanding and Using the Respiration Widget on the fenix 6 Series

If you are having trouble obtaining breath data from your fenix 6 watch, ensure that you have applied update 4.10 or newer software. Movement will impact the ability for the watch to read breaths per minute.

For more information, please see Understanding the Respiration Rate Feature.

If you continue to have an issue, please contact Garmin Support.

• I'm missing it as well.

Fenix 6 sapphire.  Garmin Connect 4.24.1 on Android.  Respiration widget is active on the watch (been using it for a week or so).  No option to add it under edit my day in the app.

I have another watch also attached (fenix 5+), not sure if that is hindering the app from showing respiration... 

• Dear Garmin-Heath,

I can confirm the Fenix 6 is getting respiratory data. And I have software version 4.20 and sensor version 2.50.

However I started thinking it might be something Android/iOS related so I took some other devices around and installed the Garmin Connect on an iPad and on my wife's iPhone and logged in with my Garmin account. I was shocked to see that the My Day loaded immediately with the respiration card showing at the end of the list on both devices! I didn't even need to connect the Fenix to the iPad/iPhone.

This indicates my watch has been perfectly sending respiration data all along to Garmin, however I can't view that on my Android Garmin Connect. See attached photos where I can see historical respiration data on the iPad (and have never connected the Fenix to the iPad, nor the iPhone).

The versions of Garmin Connect used:

Android: 4.24.1 (NO respiration card)

iPhone: 4.24.0.17 (respiration card shows OK)

iPad: 4.24.0.17 (respiration card shows OK)

Above you see the respiration card on iPad (by the way perhaps another bug: this card seems automatically enabled on My Day, but not showing in the "Edit My Day" settings - it can't be disabled nor reordered - it always shows up as the last card before "Yesterday" summary)

When clicking the card open you can see graphs like above, which interestingly enough shows that it has been successfully collecting respiration data for days already (but only now I can see it - on an Apple device..)

Here's same story on an iPhone, you can see it there immediately, no need to connect the Fenix to the phone.

And here is the Android phone where the Fenix is actually connected to (but where I can't see the card).

Any comments on what should I do to get it to show on Android?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 4336216

Do you have your fenix connected to all those devices?

Try removing it from the apple devices, and make sure to unpair in the bluetooth settings on the apple devices, and only have it paired and connected to the android device.

See if that works.

• The Fenix has onliy been ever connected to the Android so that should not be the root cause.