Fenix 6X Sapphire or 6X Pro Solar Titanium

So this is killing me !...

I did have a Pro Solar on order via Garmin, due to my AIA Vitality membership I can get 25% off.

The wait originally was only 2-3 weeks, it's been over 2 weeks nad now was told that it could be a wit until the end of October!....

The 6X Sapphire is only 2-3 days.

I have only seen the 6X Sapphire in person and trying to way up the cons and pros of both.

• Sapphire screen, to me is nethier a pro or con. It's suppose to be more scratch resistant, but give off more reflection. When I did see it, (In a shop under fluro lights) it did not seem too much of an issue to be honest, no idea outdoors. 
  • Size, love the size, I have average to small wrists, and think this watch looks great, extra benifit of having bigger screen, easier to see when running and I guess better / bigger GPS antenna? 
  • Weight, now this is a hard one, wasn't as heavy as I thought but definately noticable on the wrist, this is where I think the solar is a Pro and the Sapphire a Con but without being able to try the Solar on, can;t really compare.
  • Looks, I can't help but dislike seeing the liitle markers around the innner bezel, especially if you don't have an anologue watch face, jsut doesn't make sense to me, I see the Solar may not have these markers wich would be a pro for the Solar for me.
  • Wait time, I can get the Solar with a few days, or wait 4-6 weeks for the Solar!
  • Price, well after discount the Sapphire is $150AUD cheaper, so although a Pro, the differnce is not too much.

1st world problems hey!...

Is there anyone that has actually tried both of these watches? 

If so, which did you prefer and why?

Cheers

• Actually there is already quite a lot of research shown that the protecter do not reduce the effectiveness of the solar charging system.  So scratch that point.

Sapphire does scratch and research (just Google it) has shown to achieve that hardness, it makes the glass more brittle that a standard (goriila) strengthen glass.   

Visibility impact.  Maybe.  If its installed wrong.  Sapphire is glossy with lots of reflection.  The protecter will keep it the same or even reduce it.

I'll look for the photo of my 5x and unless u zoom in very close and see the edge next to the bezel. You will not know.

That's for your opinion but I have first hand experience to despute both your points.

• From my reading, solar is there to give a boost when sun is available, you aren't expected to set aside time for solar charging,  

"The goal of the solar here isn’t to fully power the watch, under GPS or otherwise. Instead, it’s to provide incremental battery life. Garmin notes this in their super-detailed battery life chart. Note specifically the assumption of 3 hours per day of solar light at a pretty high intensity (full sun basically). That goes both ways though. If you’re mid-summer and spending the day at the beach (or workout side), then you’ll way overachieve here. Versus if it’s mid-winter and you’re indoors…then not so much."

=> https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/08/garmin-fenix6-pro-solar-series-review.html

• I always put a screen protector on my phones.  A larger display on a phone is more apt to get scratched and I can't stand a "real" scratch on my phone.  That being said, I've had many high-end watches with sapphire crystals and have never had a scratch on any of them.  You are correct in that sapphire is more brittle but I think high-end dress watches are more likely to crack if dropped.  In these rugged sports watches I think it's gonna be a lot more difficult to shatter a sapphire crystal.  Just my thoughts.  That being said, I'd be hesitant to wear my Solar Ti without a screen protector.  

• There are black bezeled ones but they come with either a leather band in 51mm or red/black nylon band in 47mm.  I just really like the subtle shade difference in the gray dlc bezel.  It's not a huge difference but does have a bit of shine to it as well.  Just depends on what you like.

• I think The 6X Sapphire is better choice. easy peasy, I prefer better protection to some tiny energy boost . I dont need some extra hours with solar.

do you think that model 6x sapphire with TITANIUM will be available? I miss that model

• Thanks Robert those photos help.

I'll be mounting the watch on the handlebars on my mountain bike same as you So good to see that.

Still yet to make up my mind

• do you think that model 6x sapphire with TITANIUM will be available? I miss that model

Thats what i wanted and it is driving me nuts not finding it. Nor a 6X Sapphire with metal band. I hate the silicone bands and love the one from my 5X Plus Sapphire. 

• I am afraid I like the "silver" bezel so for me the choice is 6x pro solar vs the 6 sapphire titanium ... couldn't decide so got both ... still can't decide. They don't look quite as imposing as the black ones to my eye. So now I alternate wearing them charge by charge. The solar charging makes very little, if any difference, it was aesthetics for me. Not a great photo but gives some idea. The 6 is a great size but an extra week of battery life is very appealing. So confusing!

• How did you get the Vitality discount if you don't mind me asking?

I can only see models up to the 5plus on there...

Thanks

• The link in vitality takes you to Garmin's website, but on a lending page of "popular" watches.

Just browsr  around or search for Fenix 6, or any other watch.

At it to the crest, and you'll see a discount get automatically applied