Heart rate sealer material - epoxy?

Hi,

Is there any particular reason why Garmin is using this very soft (epoxy?) material at the back of the watch? (as opposed to glass for example?).

This material can be cracked/scratched very easily (and unfortunately I had many scratches on my previous Fenix 5x).

Parents
  • Why oh why can they not just put a sapphire ohr crystal on the back. I would go back to Garmin if they did. I’ve had several that have developed sensor cracks. I switched to the Apple Watch 5 as the base model has a ceramic and sapphire back. I haven’t been dealing with all the software bugs that come along with the new Garmin wearables. The ohr is accurate and not at all erratic. It doesn’t have all the metrics, but for a leisurely runner it does the job. 

• Why oh why can they not just put a sapphire ohr crystal on the back. I would go back to Garmin if they did. I’ve had several that have developed sensor cracks. I switched to the Apple Watch 5 as the base model has a ceramic and sapphire back. I haven’t been dealing with all the software bugs that come along with the new Garmin wearables. The ohr is accurate and not at all erratic. It doesn’t have all the metrics, but for a leisurely runner it does the job. 

Children