Fenix 6s Pro or Fenix 6 Pro? I am undecided

Hello,

I visited two times the official Garmin physical store in Barcelona to see the new Garmin Fenix 6 series.

I have a small wrist and I like the design of the 6S and its reduced weight. But for the same price I can buy the regular version 6 with the slightly larger screen and more battery, but don't convince me the size and weight.

I have a Garmin Instinct and I am happy with the battery. The Garmin 6S has less battery life for the day than the instinct, 9 days for 6s compared to 15 days of the instinct, but more for activities, 25h for 6S compared to 15h of the instinct. How is it possible? I am also worried about how much that batteria life will be reduced using maps.

I'm very undecided, what do you think?

Thanks.

• Just got mine (F6S Pro, black). It's nice looking watch, but I wish the strap could be about 1cm longer. The build quality is a step up from my 645m and the buttons have much more of a click to them. Also the strap is made of a slightly harder, less stretchy silicone than the one on the 645. Hopefully it will get softer with use.

• Yesterday I received the Fenix 6 Pro and I am happy with the size, but not much with the weight. I have to try a 6s to see if it's really more comfortable and it's worth losing that extra screen and extra battery.

• Went for my first run yesterday. Great watch, the only thing that annoys me is how it sits on my wrist when I'm running. It always sits at a slight angle which exposes the red light underneath, and can make it hard to read the running data at a glance. The same thing happened with the Fenix 5S, although it's slightly better on the 6S due to the shorter lugs. The Forerunners like the 645 and 935 would always sit flat on my wrist and wouldn't move, no matter how sweaty I got. I think it's because there is a 40% weight increase from the 645 to the Fenix 6S but both watches are supported by 20mm straps. I will just have to get used to it. Maybe Garmin will release higher friction straps? But I doubt it.

• Funny you mention this. I thought exactly the same about the F6S when I tried it on. I had my doubts I can accept this, so I went for the F6 titanium. Admittedly I'm much happier with that. It's almost the same weight (72g vs. 61g) but the bigger backside of F6 and I guess the 22 mm band makes it fit my (small) wrist perfect.

Absolutely satisfied :-) 

• Hi.

My wrist in 155mm.
    I can't choose between Fenix 6S and Fenix 6.
    Between 5S and 5 there was no doubt : 5S suits better, but with the new shape of the 6 and the wrist recommandation on garmin website i'm torn.
    The "standard" 6 have bigger screen and better battery life, but maybe it's too big for my small wrist.

What's your wrist size ? What do you think ?

• My wrist is 15-16cm. In the end I bought the regular 6 Pro. The size fits well, but I have doubted how the 6s Pro would fit. I will try to test the 6s to decide which one fits best.

• I have the same wrist size as you. The 5s and 5 were about the same for me because the 5s had such a long lug to lug distance. The 5 worked fine, so the 6 will probably work fine for you. That said, I have the 6s now, and the fit is really great. 

• I really don't think the Fenix 6 looks good on a small wrist, especially if you prefer the smaller 42mm size watches like the Forerunner 645 / 245 etc, over the 47mm 935 / 945, which always looked too big on my wrist. Lug to lug, there is quite a big difference between the 6 and 6S, and the weight difference is also noticeable. So I would say, if you are a runner, go for the watch that fits you, not the one which you think looks the best.

• Don't waste your time with overpriced Garmin QR straps, Amazon is full of excellent knockoffs for about $10 each. I've been using them for years on my Fenix 5 with zero issues, QR mechanism as good or better than Garmin's (probably come from the same factory!).