Garmin Epix 2 not recording swim laps

Good day,
Last Friday, 10min before entering the pool for my training, my Epix Gen2 experience a malfunction upon entering the « swim » activity. The malfunction could be described like: non responsiveness of any action button nor touch screen. The screen was displaying and rotating many screens ranging from the settings and activities.
I start my training with the watch still in that state. I look back at my Epix around half of my training and it was on its regular watch face and then could and did start my swim activity. Upon completion of the said activity, I stopped the it and saved it, then strange to see that the watch didn’t record any lap nor any data at all.

Today, Moday, I get back in the pool and start my swimming activity normally and after my 100th lap, stop and saved the activity to witness that, again, the watch did not record any lap, calories, speed and swim time.

I´m very disappointed because I purchased the watch base on the ability to record my training in the pool.

Thanks

EPIX GEN2 running OS 9.33

• have you tried rebooting the watch? Long press the light button (left top button) - keep it pressed - the control wheel will come up but keep pressing the button; assistance option will come up but keep pressing the button until the watch turns off. Wait 20s then turn on again.

Would try that - get into pool try 2-4 length, stop and save the activity and check and confirm on the watch that you have a saved activity. If good then go ahead with rest.

If not good then do a factory reset. Then try. If still no good then raise a support ticket with Garmin.

• The malfunction could be described like: non responsiveness of any action button nor touch screen. The screen was displaying and rotating many screens ranging from the settings and activities.

That looks like touch was somehow enabled, and water running on the face of the watch was making go like crazy... Could that be the situation?

• Similar issue, no laps recorded, but gets my HR data for the duration.  I worked with support last week, they had me turn off the watch, hook it to a computer, delete some files, and told me to try again.  I tried again two days ago and had the same issue.  I sent an email to support yesterday, waiting on the response. 

I've had no issue with button responses though.  I agree with the poster that mentioned touch screen might be on. for the swim activity.

Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't.  Had zero issues with my old Fenix 3.  The same swim activity the Garmin isn't logging, my Apple Watch 7 is logging no problem.

Had it happen on 9.33 and 9.36

• Did a swim in august on 9.33. Epix 2. Touch is disabled.

Worked perfectly on the swim-run, missing only one lenght of 124 lenghts. Wrist HR recorded.

You need a real kick in the turn with Garmin, and also keep a certain minimum speed across the pool for the Swim-sessions to record as they should.

• It is a bug thst is present since release of the watch. Until now Garmin did not say whether it will be fixed.

• Sorry for the delay.

after many Software updates by Garmin since I made this post, problem seems to be corrected because I haven’t experienced that glitch.

But now my Epix is showing two new problems, crashing when saving activity and GPS tracking not accurate, that I will cover in other posts

•  wrote:

Thanks for you question. But no, because I disable the touch screen for the pool activity. But it could have been that maybe.

• I have the opposite problem.  My Epix 2 almost always logs too many laps.  Sometimes its just off by 25 yards; other times it can be off as much as 100 yards over the course of a workout.