This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v9.36 Official Software Fast Battery Drain

I'm going through the battery in 24-48 hours. No apps or fields installed. No GPS activities. Also having sync issues where I have to kill the connect app on Android to get it to sync. I had the same issues on beta now it persists into the production release

• 4.58.1 was released in August, though. 

Yes it is a 23 August update and it was blocked in an update loop on mine....
    So you were right it is (on my case) a false GCM update...........

• I never have 6%, best was 8%ish.  May I ask what setting do you have to achieve 6%?

• My experience and an email to Chris:

I now have a D2 Mach 1 which was updated to 9.33* about 3 weeks ago.  I'm seeing significant battery drains lately; specifically yesterday.  I reported the issue with an e-mail and the response was to send me out a new watch, but what I'm seeing on the forums for the Epix2 (I believe its the same platform) is that the issue is known and a software fix is in the works.  

I woke up yesterday with a drained battery that I could almost watch decrease as time passes; with the caveat that I'm not connected to my phone.  Last night I fell asleep with the phone in another room and not connected to the watch and it ate 30% of the battery overnight.  I happened to wake up around 3:00 am to my watch dead (it turned on and showed 0% battery for long enough to move to the charger next to my phone.  It charged to 100% by 6:15 (3 hours on charge,) and I started wearing it.  It has been connected to my phone since and in almost 4 hours has dropped to only 99%.  

I realize there is a lot of information here; probably most you are aware of, but I wanted to reach out because the D2 Mach 1 is a different device than what most of the forums are talking about; and appears to be serviced by Aviation; rather than outdoor/fitness; but it appears to be suffering the same battles as other 9.33 devices.

I do have/use Strava Segments; and have not turned them off as I'm watching to see how the battery behaves after a full drain and consciously trying to make sure it stays connected to my phone.

• This morning i decided to switch my epix 2 with 'old' fenix 6 pro that yesterday was 84% charged.

I found it at 0% of battery so also the new fw on fenix 6 is draining battery faster...to be generous 

Now I have 2 watches useless, more or less....all my compliment to the fw development team

• Would be great if Garmin would hire some decent dev's like they have at Apple's, they make mistakes and bugs also, but at least they solve it fast and not let people in the dark as Garmin. Bring out the last software without big bugs as "new " one ?  is that not possible ?

• Last night I fell asleep with the phone in another room and not connected to the watch and it ate 30% of the battery overnight.

When the Garmin and the smartphone are far from each others, the Garmin will also use more power to try to get reconnect.
    Unless you have physically turned OFF Blue Tooth those reconnection attemps can drain your battery faster.

• When my Epix 2 drained from about 80% to 1%, I was mostly out of the house while the Epix stayed home alone for 6-7 hrs. Maybe that is part of the bug? It use all power to try reconnection to phone? Also strange since Plane mode was active, then it should not try reconnection.

• Also strange since Plane mode was active, then it should not try reconnection.

Yes with Plane Mode this is where I got the best battery lof in 9.33 ....  This is not normal.

• Now I'm getting 14% per day drain after Garmin enabled the logging on my watch.

Hopefully the log information would be useful to solve the problem. 

• Just got 4.59 for Android. It won't solve my problem, though, since I have BT turned off for 98% of the day. Smiley