This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v9.36 Official Software Fast Battery Drain

I'm going through the battery in 24-48 hours. No apps or fields installed. No GPS activities. Also having sync issues where I have to kill the connect app on Android to get it to sync. I had the same issues on beta now it persists into the production release

• Not sure what the point of a beta is, if they aren't going to listen to the people in the beta forum.

Not everybody is reporting battery drain issues but those who are tend to think that because they have problems then everybody must have the same problem. Nothing is ever as clear cut as that. I’m sure Garmin listen to those who report problems equally as much as those who say they do not have a similar problem. 

A problem experienced by a few cannot be extrapolated to one that affects all. And since not everybody has the problem it’s quite a challenge for Garmin. 

• I get that every Garmin release always seems to present some battery issues.  But the complaints on the Beta Forum since 9.31 had a bunch of people reporting issues. 

• I'm not experiencing huge battery drain, but it is still almost double what I had with 8.37.

With 8.37, the battery drop (no AOD or GPS) was about 6% per 24h.

Now with 9.33 it is 11% per 24h.

• Almost new Fenix7 there...

Huge battery drain, since v9.33, restart watch, restart phone, switch to built-in watch face, check for updates in Garmin connect Android app, Nothing works..

Full recharged and check again for second day. 

Second night today after the v9.33 with 40% battery drain in 6-7 hours in sleep mode...(that was about 2% before).  Today morning I turn off the connection with phone, and the battery consumption seems to get back to normal, even with IQ watch face and all my old settings. 

Disconnect with your phone is not a solution to stay, but temporary looks to work for avoiding every day charging

Hope Garmin find what is going on and fix it soon

• The only solution right now is to switch off Bluetooth on the watch. Garmin support said disable Strava segments but I can't see how that helps

• Try simply forcing to stop the GC Mobile app, and restarting, to see whether it makes any difference. And also reboot the watch while the app is stopped.

Restarting both the watch and the app in the same time (note: restarting the app and the watch separately often makes no change) often helps with other weird problems, like for example when the device settings on the app go blank. It would be interesting to know whether it could help here too.

• Garmin support said disable Strava segments but I can't see how that helps

Perhaps the app tries to resend all Strava segments to the watch, causing the high load?

• And switching off the Bluetooth basically kills all the smartphone usage with the watch. 

• well if all people with battery drain use strava then we know what causes it, but if it also happens with people without Strava it is b....

• Force stopping GC does work but it gets stuck again later that day.