During training I'm stuck in the map

I made a running intervall training. During the training I want to change the screen, because I want to the heart rate and speed and not the pace. Then I wish on the screen and the map appears. Then I wish again and the map is moving instead of showing the next screen. This is very annoying and ruined my training. Then I pressed the lap key and the next round started. So I have to start the training again. I think running trainings are one of the most important and used features. So they should actually be well tested. When I'm testing this at home the screen change works also with the map, but not during running. And I find it also annoying, that I cannot change the default screen data fields of the training. I have the touch function always enabled and don't want to change this. That the watch is stuck in the map can happen also, when configuring the screens. The FW is 8.21.

• well I have no problems and I use my Epix constantly, for running, hiking and also mountain biking. But I've taken the time to learn how the watch operates, both touch and non-touch, and I've adapted my expectations of the watch to match what it does. And for me, it does all the things I want and does them very well. It might help if the main poster here would either a)read the manual - the online web user manual is an excellent resourse, and/or b) just hop over to YouTube and view any of the HUNDREDS of how-to videos there. Really - to fight against the watch is a waste of time - everyone's time. Just learn how it works and then work with it accordingly. Good luck!

• haha - nope, not getting paid, just using the heck out of the watch and not having any problems. Sorry you're having troubles - good luck getting it sorted.

• Hah, okay. Yes, that's when the back button works as a back button and not as a lap button.

I'd still advise you to use the buttons while running and not the touch screen. However, maybe that's because I'm coming from the Fenix 6 and the clicking feels like the natural way to do it to me. Smiley

• note that a back swipe can also get you back to screen navigation mode from map mode (when zoom in / zoom out buttons show). Back swipe - make sure you swipe from the edge of the left hand screen (I go from the bezel) towards the right hand of the screen. The important bit is the swipe has to come from that left edge.

• Thanks for all the help, I think I got it now.

• I have the same issue when I go for a long walk, using the walk activity. It would seem that my sleeve is swiping up so it goes to the map. When I look i can zoom in and out using the left hand buttons or the touch screen. The touch screen moves the map around and the top right hand button does not do anything. The only button that works is the bottom right hand button but this only ends the lap. At the end of the walk I can press the bottom right hand button to end a lap and now the top right hand button works. It is very annoying as I have no idea what is going on and the only way out is to add another lap.

• my sleeve is swiping up so it goes to the map

Turn off touch during activities: Menu >> System >> Touch >> During Activity >> Off

the only way out is to add another lap.

Disable the lap key: Menu >> Activities and Apps >> Walk >> Walk Settings >> Lap Key >> Off

• I think there is an occasional bug, I've noticed a few times when clicking through my datascreens, the FIRST time the map is displayed in a run then sometimes the map-browsing/touchscreen is active.

It's confusing as it shouldn't be, end up clicking the buttons again and it just zooms in or out, and then it feels like the back button doesn't work as it should to get back out - and you end up with some weird double-press where it eventually gets you back to 'normal' - but also adds a lap (and/or skips a workout step).

The map always functions perfectly after this, its only the first time its displayed.

I don't know what specifics cause it, its not every time - but I'm 100% certain I haven't 'accidentally' activated, as for me, with all activities defaulted to non touch, that means long pressing the up button, and I only really ever press down to cycle through my screens!