This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EPIX 2 Map details missing after upgrade to v8.18

Good day

Since upgrading to v8.18 two days ago my maps are missing key details. This occurs in all apps. I am able to see road names but no roads or trails. Strangely enough if I zoom out a lot I am able to see patches of roads but nothing around my immediate vicinity.

In the first image below you can see roads and road names on the right whilst on the left, the roads haven't rendered.

In the second image below you can see that no roads appear around my location but roads are visible further out.

I only have the TopoActive Africa map enabled.

I was able to immediately resolve the issue by manually downgrading to v7.35. I then upgraded again to v8.18 and the issue reappears.

This is a terribly frustrating bug that is preventing me from being able to use the map effectively for navigating trails.

• D7672030A.img (SkiView ) is 24.1MB large.

• Thanks, that's nothing, so just waiting for confirmation that Express issue is solved and then install skiview again then, if that works instead of activating TopoActive I guess zoom/pan would be much quicker again...

• That worked for me as well, installed SkiView again (and Express 7.13.1.0 did not kill my history) and I can now activate that one instead of the TopoActive map and still be able to see roads etc in my Pro v6 map, and pan/zoom feels better again.

But this is still just a workaround, I hope they get it fixed soon

• Well, I don't have any reference point since I went with 8.21 from day 1. Topo Pro V6 is painfully slow to zoom or pan (with default detail setting). Any movement takes at least a second. On the other hand, Aexis's map (OSM based, ravenfeld.gitlab.io/.../) is blazing fast to zoom/pan and the contrast is also much better. I hope this will be fixed in the next beta update (if fixable).

• Hello all

Same for me using fenix 7x SS, update to 8.21 had roads disappeared on topo pro v6 but not on maprando. Skiview activation solved the issue, thanks for the temporary solution. As a new Garmin user, this event taugth me to unable automatic update of firmware. Very surprised such a massive bug can appear!

Best regards