Vented Titanium Band with the Descent Mk2i

Not 100% related to the Descent Mk2i but partially so I am posting it here.

I just got the band 2 days ago so these are initial impressions, first overall impression I am very happy with the band.

1. The great it makes the watch look dressy enough that I can easily wear it with a suit in a formal setting and not raise eyebrows (not that I really care about other peoples thoughts but apparently my employers do).
  2. The dual tone charcoal looks great and adds a nice touch
  3. The band is very comfortable and secure
  4. The band is adjustable both via removing links and micro adjustments on the clasp, however if you have small wrists you need to be aware that you really only have 2 or 3 small links per side you can remove. I first took of the largest links and only after did I realize (I should have seen it but was so excited I did not look carefully) that due to the tapering you really cant remove the top 4 and I am not even sure you can remove the 5th link meaning you only have 2 (maybe 3 removable links)
  5. Now for the annoying the interior of the band is highly polished so it slides easily
  6. I wish the band had a spring loaded clasp like my Breitling (and before you comment, the vented titanium band is $300 US (420 Canadian) so it's not a budget item
  7. I also wish there was a wet suit extender on the clasp (sure I can use the rubber strap and I likely will but it's titanium so it can handle the salt water)

That being said overall I am very happy with it.  I have done a couple runs and it is comfortable and while the HR is hit and miss as it moves I honestly dont care for 85% of my runs when I do I can swap strap (takes 30 secs or less) I have done several cardio workouts and because it moves it is inaccurate on counting reps but again who cares as the workouts are just for fun and I am not that fussed about the actual stats.

It's a heavy combination, so honestly I dont see using it on any run over 10K but time will tell (first couple runs of the season and I am not doing any more marathons so we shall see on half marathons, but I have my forerunner for that).