Not Available for Discount/Promotions

Hello,

I have been eyeing the Descent line for a while and when I saw the MK2 line come out I decided I would eventually get it, when I could afford it. I also realized that my insurance company (BCBS) provides a discount to a bunch of Garmin products. I was able to launch the Garmin site through the insurance's webpage and had the MK2i, an additional band, a HRM Pro, and the bike Speed/Cadence sensors in my cart and the discount was applied to all of them. I was just about ready to buy, but needed to wait a little longer before I felt comfortable with my funds to buy. Yesterday I was about to purchase and I noticed on the Garmin site that it says "This product is not eligible for any promotions or discounts." I don't think this was there not long ago.

So, I wonder if this is something common for Garmin to do with a new product? Maybe because they are short on MK2i's? Or is this the case with any other products? Will I be able to wait a bit and then get the discount or will I just need to wait until the full price is feasible for me? Any ideas?

Thanks!

• I am in the exact same boat as you. I wasn't sure about buying at first. Then when I made up my mind they were out of stock so I couldn't order. Once back in stock the discount on the MK2i is gone and the Mk2 discount is significantly less than it was. Now I don't know if I should keep waiting for the discount to come back or just not buy at all and get a dive watch to go with the fenix I already have.

Being indecisive got me good this time! haha