customizing the dive screens, several data fields are missing?

I can add a custom Dive display (not sure what they really are called) and i can change the fields, so far great but there are many options missing (or maybe I am doing it wrong).

This is what I want but ,,

left gauge = N2 (perfect I can select that)

right gauge = Descent (not available in the list of options)

top row = Transmitter Pressure (not available in the list of options)

first row left = TTS (not available in the list of options)

first row right  = ATR (not available in the list of options)

second row left = Breathing Gas (not available in the list of options)

second row right = Battery (I have not looked)

the bottom default fields (perfect)

Ok, not a big deal as all the info is available but spread out over 3 screens and I was thinking since I can customize I can get it all in one spot, but I need help on how to do this.

So far my thoughts on the MK2i, it's really really good! I have some minor gripes but they really are minor, and I have not dove on it yet.

• Hi Nate!
    Any update on this topic?

I just got my T1 transmitter and i am already disappointed that i cannot put pressure to the custom screen (also more selectable data field would be good)

Thank you very much

• Hi Nate,

can you give us an update on this topic ? I believe this is the main disadvantage over the Teric.

Is there a major design issue behind Garmin not offering these fields for custom screen ? Thats the only reason I can think of why this is still open….

Can you give us some info on the status and reasoning ?

Thx and keep it up!

Martin

• Hi,

I have a Mk2i and I confirm the interest of having the possibility to customize any dive screens.

For me for example, I would like to add on the main Dive Screen, the TTS and the ascent rate in m/min (not the graph).

I think too this is the main disadvantage over the teric which have all customizable fields.

Thank you

• I really wish I could see the compass and tank pressure on the same screen

• can you give us an update on this topic ? 

• Hello, I’d like to see if any movement has been made on this? I switched from a Shearwater Teric, but after getting used to how perfectly set up for diving that computer is, the switch to Garmin feels like a downgrade. It’s really annoying switching between so many screens for info that the Teric provides all at once. It would be great to have a compass heading marker displayed on the screen too. Anyway I’m strongly considering returning my Garmin because it’s just so cumbersome for diving. Seriously, why do I have to go to a dedicated page for my tank pressure?! Why can’t that be displayed on any screen? It would be great if it could even be displayed as a gauge. It’s really frustrating to have spent so much money on what’s otherwise an awesome piece of gear just to be disappointed by an easily fixable software issue. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. I want to love this watch but right now I’m just not sure if it’s worth keeping. 

• So I can't speak on Garmin's behalf but I completely understand why it's actually more complicated than it should be. They have designed the watch so the dive aspect is almost a separate watch within the watch, this means they fully control all aspects of it and therefore are certain divers wont get themselves in trouble from a what is displayed perspective, but .....

I 100% agree that there should be a customizable screen or 2, leave the defaults as they are and let me add 2 at the end. Switching takes no time and I could easily ignore the defaults (yes better would be to let me customize them but I can live with adding my own, the issue is now I cant add the standard fields so I am stuck in this annoying limbo.

But having traveled and dove with both, I would not switch back to Shearwater, and I love their products but the Descent is just better suited for my lifestyle!

• Hi Peter,

absolutely agree. That‘s what we asked of Garmin a year ago: the possibility to add the T1 related fields to our custom data screens (not necessarily modify the default ones). Image you could put the pressure and ATR to your custom screen! I would only need this one for most of the dive.

That nothing happened for a year - version 12 added the Surface Gradient Factor - makes me believe that Garmin has technical core issue with adding fields related to the T1 readings (and metrics calculated on them) to custom screens.

Have you heard anything from Garmin on that ? Maybe we should get back to Nate on this ? What happened to the case that was created for you ?

Best regards,

Martin

• Agree, it's time to ask Nate :) lets see if he replies.