Pairing the Descent MK2i with Connect AND Dive

So, during the setup of the Mk2i, which I just received today, it of course has you set it up with your phone (Android for me) through the Garmin dive app, which makes perfect sense. Except then I don't seem to be able to add it in GC. When I go to add a device, I see it listed as a device that's registered to my Connect account, but not added on my phone. I tap it and it doesn't work.

Steps:

1. Open Garmin Connect
  2. Tap Devices
  3. Tap Descent Mk2i
  4. Tap "Add this device"
  5. Wait, note it says "Make sure your Garmin device is in bluetooth pairing mode"

Well, it's not, it's already paired to the phone (through the Dive app). If I go in to pairing on the device, it immediately tells me it's already paired...through Garmin Dive.

Well, that's all and good, except that if I go to device settings in Garmin Dive, and then, for example, try to set up Garmin Pay, all it does is open up Garmin Connect, which I can't pair it to. When I try to Add it as a device in the Connect IQ store app, it again, just drops me in GC to select the device.

I know there must be a way for this to work. And it does sync my data to GC, but I need full functionality. When I go in to device settings, and tap the "Garmin Connect Manage Device settings" link it does take me to the device settings page in GC, but there it shows the device is not connected, and nothing works. For example, if I tap Garmin Pay there, I do get the "Add Card" button, but tapping on it, nothing happens, the phone just acts like I haven't hit the button at all. If I tap any of the other buttons on the main page it says "Device Not Connected, To manage your Connect IQ apps, you must first connect your device."

Oh Garmin. You are SO bad at software.