Mk2i sales

Does anyone know jow good mk2/mk2i sales have been to date?

• Garmin already stated pps reciever was not inserted due to form factor, though i struggle to believe that since sherewater do a good job with the teric on that,  your also ignoring the extra £200 for the ai version so £550 total! which when i raised previously you took the opposite position to and were very supportive of Garmins pricing decision making etc

• one looks meh and the other looks amazing, functionally they are the same so yes I am spending the delta on looks, call me vain

• While I have a PPS transmitter I am ok with giving it away (I got many years of good use out of it) and while being able to monitor my wife is a nice feature we hardly ever use it.

For me it still comes down to a single device versus 4, however over dinner we spoke about the option of a rain check, thereby allowing real world feedback 

Price is secondary in my case, convenience is primary.

• Lol Nothing wrong with that, it was a sincere question, i just wondered if there were other distinguishing factors other than the aesthetic

• there are some cool features if you are into sailing, which I love but only get out once every couple years and nothing taken by the question, the truth is I am having a really hard time with the decision as I have a really really good watch now and the main reason is to reduce the number of devices when we travel, and I can see getting used to notifications but my forerunner, and my breitling + a cheap AI dive watch work for me, the issue is I am trying to reduce 

• It does do everything you need well in one watch its pretty amazing tbh, price is basically paying for development of all that activity stuff and maps etc which is fine, i personally think garmin blows google wear and apple away in this and batery life, i definitely want it but glad ive resisted urge to buy until real world feedback comes back on diving aspects since thats primarily what i want it for, though sailing, maps and pay are features id definitely use as well, and like you one watch to take on holiday, if it pans out with no major issues and an acceptable price on a bundle ill go for it, given covid and restrictions viz travel etc theres no urgency for me

• you took the opposite position to and were very supportive of Garmins pricing decision making etc

I think you have me mistaken for someone else.  I have never been supportive of Garmin's pricing decisions.

• Possibly, you were part of the 'in response to trux' thread of this forum, my bad

• I think I will ask my wife to defer and get a rain check even if its boring, the cost is not my issue it's the question raised by all the people on here that are making good arguments that the product may not be ready for prime time, I don't care about features such as recovery time, surface intervals, etc. and in Canada Garmin Pay is pretty much a non starter but basic dive functions and a reliable AI are non negotiables 

• Hi,
    I am currently looking for a Dive Computer

And honestly Atj777 is right about transmitter. Incompatibilities...

Could a Garmin moderator answer the Following Questions

1.  How hard would it be for Garmin and Shearwater and other company to Allie and make their Transmitter usable between each devices?
    2. Which company would be Compatible with Garmin Transmitters already that are simply blocked by a Software or Program?

It would be truly sick if we could reprogram our transmitters to use the with other devices...

There's absolutely no way Garmin will have me to buy two Garmin Mk2i to use one as a backup...

But you could convince me into getting maybe one of I could use my Shearwaters Transmitter with you device.

Do that and you're going to make one sale right now.

If I have no answer within three months
    I'll post my Shearwater Teric proof of purchase As I am Heading out to Roatan, Honduras this winter!

I really hope I will dive in with a Mk2i and a Shearwater that's the dream make it compatible Boys!

I know alot of people that are working hard here to get those luxury toys!

Work together!