This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to exit apnea mode during SCUBA

Hi all,

I noticed an unfortunate, dangerous oversight in how the G1 automatically enters dive mode. My last "dive" had been using the watch in apnea hunt mode for some snorkeling. I forgot to manually activate the watch before jumping in for a nitrox dive, and when it automatically started, it chose apnea hunt.

I noticed this almost immediately because I was checking my depth on initial descent, but there was no way to exit apnea and switch to scuba while underwater. By the time I had tried every button and combination, I decided I was deep enough long enough that I didn't want to bounce to the surface and back to correct it. I chose to just use it as a depth and time recorder so I would at least have that information logged. Fortunately, I was on a dive that I knew wouldn't approach my NDLs.

At the least, there needs to be a way to abort a dive while underwater and start a new one. It shouldn't be possible to do it accidentally (IE, pop up a choice that defaults to no, then ask which mode to switch to). Ideally, if starting a dive while already at depth, it would use logged information and the gas mix chosen to calculate N/He loading, NDLs, OTUs, etc. If not, a warning / reminder that the diver needs to use an alternate computer / dive planning method or abort.

-Matt