G1 bug using HRM Pro belt

Hi, 

There is some problem when using the HRM Pro belt during diving (in my case apnea) and swimming. After activity it shows a strange HR graph, looks like a lack of data. Maybe because of a G1 bug HRM Pro doesn't record hr (underwater), lose connection or doesn't transfer data to watch above water or problem with uploading to Connect... I also have f7x, there is no problem with this belt, it works fine. Latest firmware on all devices. Reset G1 didn't help. 

P.S. Have bought G1 for freediving, still using f7x for everyday life. It will be awesome to add dive activity to Fenix. Hope to buy F8 with apnea mode already. Please)

• I am having the same issue and I think it's a product of the Descent G1 not being able to grab logged HRM Pro data (or the HRM Pro not logging). I think we are only seeing the data from the start and end of the dive activity and some sporadic times where the watch connection established.

I did a test with the same devices with a dry land activity (running). I wore the strap and had my watch off (no wrist HR). I started an activity and could see the HR working, meaning it was reading from the HRM strap. I went out of range of the watch and let the strap record some data. I came back near the watch and stopped and saved the activity. The watch did not auto populate the missing HR data or ask to grab the data. I have a gap in HR data when i look at the readout in the Connect app. When I go into the watch History -> Activity and open it up, it does not give me any option to Download Heart Rate (which is what the owners manual says it will do).

The watch logs data in proximity to the HRM but can't grab the logged data, assuming the HRM straps are logging data ok.

I obviously don't have an answer but this might give you some insight. I also need an answer to this (also for freediving).

• I contacted Garmin and they told me to do the following and it worked, so I can now log all HR data when diving or otherwise not connected to the watch. 

Please do the following on the Descent G1:
    Soft Reset - Press and hold the top left button until the watch face goes blank. You will see some prompts on the watch face. Ignore the prompts until the watch face goes blank.
    Garmin Express - You will need a laptop or desktop computer to do this process as it is a better means to get the software to the Descent G1. Installing the Latest Software On the Descent G1 Series
    Afterwards, please remove your HRM Pro Plus (Removing Sensors or Headphones From Watches ) from the Descent. Then pair it back up. If the watch senses that their is an update available for the HRM Pro Plus, please allow that to update.