N2 Loading VS SurfaceGF

I dive with a Shearwater Teric as my primary computer & Garmin Descent G1 as my backup. I use the SurfaceGF on my Teric to help me make a decision about whether I am safe to surface or off gas for a little longer etc. Both computers are set to identical custom gradient factors. End dive delay is also set to 2 minutes on both computers.

I understand that both computers use the same Buhlmann ZH-L16 Algorithm. 

I also understand that Shearwater's SurfaceGF information is relative to M-value, and hence is not influenced by my gradient factor settings.

On my last dive, I noted an end SurfaceGF of 16% on my Shearwater, however on the Garmin N2 Loading it records 42%. Both computers set to air with no other gasses configured.

Obviously these numbers are very different. I looked around for information about exactly how N2 loading is calculated on the Garmin but couldn't see anything?

Can the Garmin reps on this forum shed any light on how N2 loading is calculated?

Ideally I'd like it to be the same as my shearwater, N2 loading relative to M-value. Especially considering I'm venturing into technical diving where this kind of information must be accurate.