Wrong temperature underwater. (+2-3c) compared to other watches (Suunto D6i)

My Descent G1 constantly showed 2 to 3 degrees c more then Suunto D6i.

I compared Suunto to computers of other divers to confirm it as correct.

• My experience with the Instinct Solar is that the temperature value is not calibrated at all and is often off by a few degress *when not warn, of course*, which is a problem, as it cannot be calibrated manually. Temperature with Garmin is treated as a pseudo nice-to-have value without much practical use. The value is maybe used internally to compensate barometer, GPS and time, but that is all it seems good for. The typical Garmin make-us-more-money argument on their non-diving watches has always been 'get a tempe sensor'.

• I just open thread with same issue on the fenix 6 forum. Usually the temperature inside the water with my fenix was spot on, lately with the latest FW upgrades i feel the same as you, the temperature is off around 2 degrees more inside the water. So i started to think that the problem came with the last updates. 

• Hello, I feel like the G1 is also a bit too 'optimistic' on the temperature, 1 to 2 degrees C higher than other computer. not that much but it'd be nice to have accurate mesures. Is it a sensor that can be calibrated? If so hopefully there'll be a software update. Have you reported it to Garmin's support?

• No I haven't. I thought they read this forum.

• ..and that is finefor non diving products but this is diving computer and I think 2c is unacceptable. No other computers deviate that much.

• I'm not sure that every subject is read by the G1 team, if you don't feel like reporting it to support I might do it I'd like an answer from Garmion about it.
    nd I agree that this is very annoying although in my personal practice of scuba diving the temperature is not a safety concern and just something nice to have.

• This is the first time I’ve visited in this forum for a month or so but I ended up returning the first watch I got back to the seller and got an exchange because the temperature was off by 3-4 degrees from the pool I taught on a regular basis.

Seeing that this watch has been out for several months and no updates to fix even the basic problems this watch has (like not actually showing the proper battery information) just goes to show me that Garmin will never change in regards to their diving division. I’m done buying ANY product from their specialty divisions.