G1 Bugs

The programming is backwards:

When connected to phone it should be 45 Days, when disconnected from phone it should be 114 Days but it’s reading backwards (connected to phone 114/D, not connected 45/D)

Update: It seems to work as intended when HR is enabled. When it’s disabled (as seen in these pictures), it when the battery information is incorrect.

Flashlight Bug:

When set as a hot key and used, it doesn’t work. The control panel flashlight works fine, just not the hot key.

Correction: While it works (CP option), when you hit the start key, it dims and doesn’t work anymore.

Battery Saver Seconds Issue:

While on the main watch page, the seconds disappear as a battery saver. You really have to flick your wrist hard and/or several times to get it to come back. It’s not as sensitive as the other models (Instinct). One time, I had to flick my wrist 4 times before the seconds came back on. (Using the watch face that has the graph).

• I was certain you would be one of the early adopters

Following your tests and reports! WinkThumbsup

• A similar issue with the remaining days occurs at instict (1) solar tactical.  When you disconnect the phone on battery saver mode it gives you more days than when it's connected (it's about 3-4 days though and not so much as yours).

Hopefully they will fox this thing with an update.

I have a question for you.... Does this watch have the option to display only the percentage of the battery, like the Mk2? Or it is like instict solar which displays only days left on the watch face?

• I believe it’s only like the Instinct, even though I’d like the option to see the battery % instead.

• Out of the box, on firmware 4.XX it had battery percentage.  After updating to firmware 6.16, the battery is shown in days remaining only.  Disappointing!

• Couple of things I have noticed.

Notification privacy settings don't work.  If you set notification privacy to Gesture or Press Start, the setting doesn't update.  It remains set to Off.

Battery drain seems pretty bad, both in activity and outside of activity.  Assuming this will get better with some software updates.

The screen can be glitchy at times - like scrolling through glances or settings, the screen will lock up or 'tear'.  This could be normal, I haven't owned an Instinct 2 with this same screen.

The screen has the same 'issue' as the Instinct 2 in that it's washed out when viewing from the bottom angle (inside of your wrist) but looks clear from the other angle.  People speculated that some polarity filter was installed backwards.  Was hoping this was fixed here.

The product page on Garmin's site listed the G1 as compatible with Instinct 2 straps.  That was incorrect, I confirmed with Garmin support.

• was

As much I keep looking at the G1 I realize that this is the most hybrid watch Garmin ever made.... It combines instinct and descent when the descent had some qualities of the fenix... That's insane!

Actually it's body is a fenix, so it takes quick fit bands. Instinct can take quick fit as well but G1 can't take instict's original bands.

The ABC button of the instinct is not there, now is called DOWN like the fenix (and descent).

I Would like to see how you open the ABC sensors now (maybe you can put the on a hotkey), I wonder if they are still there out of the box and is just the button that is called DOWN, but again all the buttons are oriented as a fenix and not as an instinct.

The bezel is plastic though and the four screws remind more of the descent and the fenix 7 new design.

About the gesture feature, I have noticed that it doesn't work at my Mk2 when it is at power save mode... Also at power saver mode when I disable the HR monitor the watch stops seep tracking... That's not happening with the instinct (1) solar!

I think the reason is that in the Mk2 the power save mode disables the gyroscope and other sensors while it doesn't do that on the instinct and it keeps sleep tracking without HRM but without display the REM sleep....

So many to consider... In the end I think that's all happening because they have different people working at every watch project and just because they look like the same it doesn't mean they are.

I still believe that connectivity is a key part among all of them and every feature they have!!!

• I Would like to see how you open the ABC sensors now (maybe you can put the on a hotkey)

It's a default hot key for the down button.

I agree with you, it's a very cool hybrid style watch.

• Nate, so since this watch won’t have a beta program, when there’s problems like the ones that exist in this thread, how is this conveyed to the team to fix so we don’t have to wait 6 months for a simple fix like seeing the correct battery information? While I’m being somewhat facetious, it takes a while for them to resolve problems with these dive watches.

• Ok, so Garmin is MIA…as usual for their specialty divisions. Does anyone know an email to email Garmin directly for watch related issues not related to beta’s?

• Why not call the local support centre?