D2 Air Flight Auto-Detect Not working

On the recent flights, the watch has failed to auto-detect the flights. When activated mid-flight, the logging starts but requires 1-2 min to acquire GPS. I have tried various ascent thresholds, but it didn't have any impact. Lately I changed to GPS+Gallileo but didn't have chance to try it out.

• Both.. I did some experimenting in the cockpit at fl250 on my flight today.. I had to take it off and put it right on the window to get a signal.. eventually got one... And it lasted for about a minute after I put it back on my wrist then I lost the signal again.. I imagine all the avionics plus heated windshields... And the fact that commercial ac tend to be a bit beefier.. didn't help.. I don't imagine the gps antenna and software in the d2 is all that powerful. However the baro alt worked great.. registered right along with the cabin and seemed to be very accurate... I have an alt alert set if the baro goes over 9500.. time to start looking and ask why... Lol

Just for the record I'm sporting the d2 air.. I'm not aware of any differences when it comes to the actual gps vs other models..

Anyhow.. if you or anyone else has any ideas or things you want to try at a commercial level let me know..

For the record I absolutely could not get a signal at the gate.. and the windshield heat was off at that point.

Typically I have to put my cell phone at a side window to get a signal.. rarely does  my cell phone get any sort of meaningful signal on the glare shield.. my ipad (company provided flight bag) no issues getting a signal gps or otherwise.. so I expect.. the gps in the watch just isn't that powerful.. anything more and you probably wouldn't get more then a day of battery life out of your watch

• The issue with the GPS signal in the cockpit of commercial airliners has been known with other D2 watches  (Air 320 GPS issue). I have to guess the GPS processor/antenna is not strong enough to acquire a signal elsewhere. Sounds like hardware limitations of the watch.

• I contacted customer service for the same issue on my D2 Air. He asked me to swap with a refurbished watch for $150. He doesn’t have any other info to help other than lowering the thresholds to auto detect which I already have (200 fpm
    I don’t think there is an issue with hardware as it auto detects other activities and it tracks flying when manually enabled. 
    My analysis is this is a recent software bug. I asked the agent to send this info up the management chain and also advised that there are many people having this issue lately. 

• By me it's erratic but most of the time if the watch detect a flight (33% of the time) the flight starts after minutes-hours airborne and stop when touching the ground. No speed limit at least under mach 1

But the software is such a mess that when started it's unusable in flight. If you try to push any button you will stop your flight recording.

This watch is a shame for commercial pilots. The logbook feature is just not working at all with the watch. 

• Same here. I started to experience similar issues, the watch detects flight about half way of a 1 hour route. At Garmin the hardware is there, but the software is not catching up. I have been waiting for 3 months for them to fix inconsistent civil twilights.