D2 Delta PX reconnecting iPhone does not work

Hello,

I have problems with my D2 watch.

When I'm moving away from my iPhone, the Bluetooth connection will of course stop and showed as disconnected.

When I'm back into reach of the iPhone, the watch should reconnect automatically. This is working only sometimes!!!

When I go into Bluetooth Connection I can reconnect! But why does it not work automatically?

The iPhone is a new one and installed fresh without only old data. I have deleted the watch several times and did a new pairing.

My wife has a Fenix 5 plus and for her everything is working.

Does anyone has some ideas?

Thanks

Top Replies

• I have tried to reproduce your issue and was not successful. We would like to learn more about your iPhone Bluetooth connection issue to look into your issue further. Could you please confirm if the…

All Replies

• Same issue here. Sometimes my D2 Delta PX reconnects to iPhone XS immediately, sometimes not... This is only one of many issues/bugs on D2 Delta. Sorry, but from aviation instrument I would expect more reliability, especially considering the price.

However, since upgrading the SW to latest version 5.40 this issue seems to be less frequent...

Strange thing - sometimes my D2 is showing “not connected” (also not receiving notifications) but iPhone in BT menu shows “Connected”.

Now, what usually works for me. Opening the Garmin Connect app restarts the connection. The thing is that this app eats the iphone battery a lot, that’s why I use it only time to time to synchronize my activites etc...

• also have not been able to connect the Running Dynamics Foot Pod to the D2 Delta--still waiting for an update of some kind

• I have tried to reproduce your issue and was not successful. We would like to learn more about your iPhone Bluetooth connection issue to look into your issue further. Could you please confirm if the timing of your issue began after updating your iPhone to iOS 13 or coinciding with updating to a newer version of the Garmin Connect Mobile APP?

If you are on iOS 13, please ensure you have fully updated your iPhone iOS. Also, go to the Apple APP store and it should show open for the Garmin Connect Mobile APP. If it says update, update the GCM APP to the current version. On your watch, it should show firmware version 5.40 when you go to Settings > About. If your watch software is older, update it with Garmin Express on your computer.

• Hello Chris,

it is very simple: I got a new iPhone 11 and did Factory reset on my D2 and still got these problems.

From time to time, mostly over night the connection is lost.

I had this problem also with my iPhoneX and before iOS13. My hope was when I get I new iPhone this will be gone.

Ples do not point to APP Version and firmware version. I have done these several times with the Garmin support. All versions are the latest version and up to date!!!!

I had a long email conversion with the Garmin support. 

Thanks

• I have the same issue. Connectivity used to be on and off, but I think it started with the iOS 14 update that my D2 Delta - even though I can connect via IQ app and e.g. install watch faces - all apps on the watch say "No phone". Software on the watch is definitely up-to-date. This is very depressing given how expensive that watch was, to keep stumbling upon such basics. 

• Update: Both Garmin apps (Connect and ConnectIQ) showed my watch as connected, but the apps on my phone still said there is no phone. I first force-forgot and re-established the Bluetooth connection - no change. But then I found that the Connect app has an update button in the upper right corner (the "IQ" app does not for some reason) - after pressing it and waiting for the progress circle to complete (only a couple seconds) my apps sprung back to life.

Seeing how many people are struggling with these things I think Garmin really needs to make an effort to give us only ONE app which we can rely on. The "IQ" app appears to have more functionality as the Connect app does not provide access the store, but the latter helped me fix the connectivity - go figure...