D2 charlie altimeter issue.

Former Member
Former Member

Hey!

I really love the watch and have used it for a long time now. One thing that frustrates me the most is the altimeter reading.

I just cant get the correct altimeter reading. I am based on KFTW the airport elevation is 710. My watch always reads 540 thats like 180 feet less!. Now i tried everything. I tried manual calibration removed auto calibration etc. No matter what i do and set it. The altimeter falls back to 500 + feet. I tried every possible combination to see if i am doing something wrong but i can never ever get it right!

So either i don't understand what the settings are or there is a serious issues. 

Please help! Its about time this has to be fixed.

• Is this a new issue after a firmware upgrade or issue out of the box? From my experience with the Charlies, each of the units I have tried showed different altitudes when METAR was used for calibration. The altitude error ranged from 100 feet to 300 feet. I am having a similar issue with my D2 Delta after the most recent firmware upgrade. The altitude is now off by about 60 feet on my Delta.

PS: I did my first towered airport solo at FTW. I landed on the wrong parallel runway when doing T&Gs, the controllers were very forgiving Slight smile.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to AV8OR51

Okay i took your suggestion and changed the barometer option in altimeter fron metar to manual and finally yes finally i get a better altimeter reading.

Ps: i actually failed my checkride because of the controlller. They told me to hold short after exiting the runway .i was with my DPE! I dunno why i kept moving. Even the DPE didn't understand the controller. So the Atc gave me a number to call for violation. I did everything good but my DPE said if it weren't for the ATC i would have passed you. Yea ! but they are genrally nice people.