D2 Delta - Contrast setting

Good day everyone,
I have just received my D2 Delta. However I am disappointed by the screen:
On Garmin website, the screen looks really black, the numbers really white and the needles really green. The result is amazing and really nice! (see picture)
On my watch, it looks totally different as if a filter is applied, whatever the brightness setting (see the other picture)
How can I get the same result?
Of course I can switch on the light but on Garmin website it seems they have this result without the light on. And even when I switch on the light, the result is not so great...

Do you have any idea?

I thank you in advance ! ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1441409.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1441410.png
  • You will learn to live with it :D! Seriously though, there are no contrast settings that I know of. However, contrast is good in outdoor conditions.
  • You will learn to live with it :D! Seriously though, there are no contrast settings that I know of. However, contrast is good in outdoor conditions.

This is correct. What you are seeing is no different to any other advertising: the product displayed in the very best photographic conditions to give the best possible rendering, which is not likely to ever match operational conditions. This is really no different than fact that the performance figures in the POH are done under perfect conditions when flown by a factory test pilot with thousands of hours and not likely to be consistently matched, if ever matched.

And while the OLED screen may seem disappointing, especially when compared side by side with the super bright screens on the Apple Watch or the Samsung Gear, that is a BIG reason why you will only need to charge your watch every 5 to 7 days instead of every day or so like every one with a non-Garmin watch.
  • Thank you so much for your very valuable posts!
    I decided to keep it and live with it...
    You got the point, with this connected watch, there is no need to charge it every day ;)
  • Thanks for the post and the replies. First bit of info I searched for after joining the forum. Just purchased a D2 Delta. Looking forward to finding lots of great info here!