Instinct battery life after activity

Hello

i previously had an instinct replaced as the battery life was really bad. I received my new one and fully charged it on 16th December.

Since the original charge it’s been using about “1 day” of battery life per 24hours. From 16/12 to 28th it went from 24d to 10d which was great. This was using the out of the box setup minus vibration for alerts.

Yesterday I went Wingfoiling (similar to windsurfing). This was the first time I used activity tracking and used SUP for 2 hours.

During the 2 hours the battery life went from 10d to 8d which is fine. However when I stopped and saved the activity I assume GPS turned off.

Since I finished the activity at 3pm yesterday, it’s gone from 8d to 5d at 8am this morning. This is burning through way quicker that 1d per 24 hours (I think a rate of 1d battery life per 5-6hours).

I wondered if anyone has any tips. The activity is definitely stopped now, the water was 7degC and I only did the activity for 2 hours. I’m happy for the battery life to reduce so fast when GPS is used but that shouldn’t continue afterwards.

Thanks

H

• Great thank you. Will try that, I’ve found the dine button so hopefully it was user error. It’s too easy to hop back to Home Screen having saved rather than saying “done” aswell.

if that’s the fix, that’ll also likely be the issue with the watch I had to return. But let’s see if it resolves it

Thanks!