Instinct battery life after activity

Hello

i previously had an instinct replaced as the battery life was really bad. I received my new one and fully charged it on 16th December.

Since the original charge it’s been using about “1 day” of battery life per 24hours. From 16/12 to 28th it went from 24d to 10d which was great. This was using the out of the box setup minus vibration for alerts.

Yesterday I went Wingfoiling (similar to windsurfing). This was the first time I used activity tracking and used SUP for 2 hours.

During the 2 hours the battery life went from 10d to 8d which is fine. However when I stopped and saved the activity I assume GPS turned off.

Since I finished the activity at 3pm yesterday, it’s gone from 8d to 5d at 8am this morning. This is burning through way quicker that 1d per 24 hours (I think a rate of 1d battery life per 5-6hours).

I wondered if anyone has any tips. The activity is definitely stopped now, the water was 7degC and I only did the activity for 2 hours. I’m happy for the battery life to reduce so fast when GPS is used but that shouldn’t continue afterwards.

Thanks

H