This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Instinct Battery Drain Issue

So I read about this issue on another post on this forum, but thought I would post a new thread on this since the most recent post was 4 months ago.  I purchased the Instinct about 2 months ago and absolutely loved the watch, that is up until about 2 weeks ago.  The watch went from having great battery life, allowing me about around 4 (45-50 minute activities) before it needed a charge to now only lasting about 2 days max if I'm not doing an activity and less if I actually take a run.  I can't really pinpoint what happened.  The watch just all of a sudden started draining the battery very quickly.  I installed a beta of the 6.91 update on Friday and got a little better battery life, but it's still pretty bad.  Before I updated to 6.91 I would go to sleep with almost a full charge and wake up to the watch having only 3 bars left and that was with doing nothing while I slept.  

I really didn't see an answer from Garmin on what all of a sudden happened to make the watch behave this way.  I've already been in contact with a tech at Garmin and I'll get this watch returned for another, but it would be helpful to know what actually happened that caused this fantastic battery life to disappear.  

Here is everything that I've done so far with the watch to try and troubleshoot.

Did a complete reset of the device.

Did a soft reset with Garmin and deleted all activities from the watch.  

Checked settings on the watch to make sure that GPS was not causing a drain on the battery.  

Cleaned the connectors what the watch charges with a wipe to remove any sweat buildup.  

Upgraded from version 6.60 to beta 6.91 software (this helped a bit, but still no where near the battery life that I had previously).

I'm charging the watch now and will see about turning off the heart rate monitor tonight to see if that causes any change.  

Anyone have any other advice on this?  I like to troubleshoot things myself.  Not sure if there is anything else that I could try before returning the watch to Garmin.  This watch was purchased new at Best Buy about 2 months ago.  

Thanks,

Greg