This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct - battery drain after 6.60

Let me know, please what can I do to make battery life as before this update.

Before it was 3 weeks, now it's 24 hours. My Instinct was very good since I bought 6 months ago. I didn't change any settings. Factory reset was done today. It doesn't help. 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hm, strange, I do not observe any change in power consumption after the update. 24 hrs, after charging, battery indicator still full.

• I do not see any change in the power consumption. Maybe you started some activity using GPS and forget it or so? BTW, it is easy to downgrade back to any version, if you want to check if the consumption really changed with the upgrade. Unofficial depo is here:

gawisp.com/.../

only that downgrade makes reset of the watch.

• Thank you for the tip about downgrading. I was try 6.10 and test, but battery is still run away very fast. So, I'll go back to 6.60 and I'll contact garmin customer service.

Problem starts in time when I was in travel. GPS was used only to altimeter calibration after flights. It was no trainings and activities in few days. 

Maybe someone have some other idea? What can I check?

• Maybe someone have some other idea? What can I check?

Check whether the light button did not block, and the backlight did not stay on. Try turning off the HRM, to see whether it comes from there. Charge the watch from a computer USB port, not from a wall charger!

• Thanks again!

I'll try to turning off HRM then wait a day to see what will happen. My backlight button is not block. All buttons work good.

It's interesting that You recommend to use a wall charger. I can read on Garmin support:

"Can I use the wall charger from my phone?

A wall charger from a cell phone may be used to charge your Garmin device."

I usually use computer USB port becouse of actualisations possible, but for long mountain walk with GPS activity It was nessesery to charge form PowerBank. It was last fall. Nothing bed happened then.

• It's interesting that You recommend to use a wall charger.

I did not. I wrote exactly the opposite

• Of course, my mistake. I'm sorry.

Anyway You wrote different than Garmin support.

• Anyway You wrote different than Garmin support

It depends. For example Garmin-Chris wrote this in another thread:

"Charging from a USB port on a computer is the recommended method. 5V/1W - slow and true charging is what our watches are designed around and it is what we highly recommend. The more you are able to stay within that range without using larger voltage/wattage fast charging options, the better it will be for your Lithium-Ion battery lifespan."

• Thank You. It's understood, they recommend slow charging and not forbide to use wall chargers - they are not alwas fast charging.

I'll contact with Garmin support and we will see. Of course I'll turn off HRM for testing.

• without using larger voltage

I have never heard about wall charger with USB connector, which would give more than 5V.

If this is true that wall chargers with USB connector has always 5V, then there is no difference in charging the watch from computer or from wall charger.