This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The Tide Widget Petition

Tides are available on old Casio Protrek/pathfinder/g-shocks for decades, why not on the high tech Instinct ?

If you think a true Outdoors Smartwatch deserves a way to follow tides.
If you surf with your Instinct
If you fish with your Instinct
If you use the Boat activity and knows where the MOB is hidden

Answer that thread to show to Garmin: we would love a tide widget and we say "please" ! :-)

Top Replies

All Replies

• You are welcome.
    Unfortunately the Instinct is not a Connect IQ compatible device.

• Yes please, show us how you care, Garmin!

• Tide info would make this great little watch twice as useful for me, please Garmin!

• And I suspect for at least half of other users come to think of it

• Lets go Garmin! The users want it and you can make it happen. Give us the Tide widget so that the Instinct becomes a complete watch for the outdoorsmen Smiley

Please offer us some sort of respons regarding this topic. Thank you

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

This thread has been going on for 4 months now.  Just because someone started a "petition" thread on the forum doesn't mean the more who reply that Garmin will respond.  This is NOT an official channel to Garmin.  If you want any chance at adding any additional features, use the link below.  Think about it.  What's more productive?  Someone from Garmin coming across this thread and mentioning a lot of people really want a Tides widget, or a couple hundred people requesting a widget that goes directly to Garmin?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• Hey TMK17. The first thing I did was using that link and sending in a suggestion. I have done that three times, but there is no type of respons on those suggestions.

The only thing users who want this can do then, is to petition on forums. Some Garmin employes probably do check the forums from time to time, so it MIGHT help.

Chill out, have nice day Slight smile

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to damde

Chill out?  OK, lol.  As you said an employee "probably" will check and it "might" help. Or, you can insure Garmin gets the request by using the link. 

• Has somebody already tried to copy the tides app from a Fenix 5x etc. into the app folder of the Instict?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Volker

Sideload?  I don't know. I don't own an Instinct and was just posting what I believe is good advice. Anyway, I suspect it could work. I sideloaded Garmin Air on my 945 from my 935 and it worked fine. It has since been added to the IQ store. I currently have another widget sideloaded that also works. It should be pointed out in rare cases you can brick your watch doing this and void your warranty. The two I did only used data from my phone and didn't affect any watch settings, so I felt safe trying.