Insane Battery drain since 15.10

Hi,

Since updating my Fenix5 to 15.10 the Battery drains about 1% per hour.
Whats wrong?
With Firmware 12.40 it needed about 6% per DAY.
With newer updates since 12.40 it gets worse and worse, but now with 1% per hour …. thats insane.

What can I do?
Is there any possibilty to Downgrade?

With best Regards,
Patrick

• Finally, I've solved the exact same problem just by deleting all non-Garmin apps and widgets. Including the app to check the battery status...

It may have been a coincidence. I got improved battery usage. Maybe Garmin solved the problem by a change in the Garmin connect environment around the same time.

• Hi there!

any way to solve ? I have also Fénix 5

thanks

• I'll do that, I'm curious about it. 

• There are no coincidences in life... ;)

I've just (re)installed the "Battery status" widget, but unfortunately (for the comparison), it is an updated version. Before (when I had the drain issues) it was a previous version. Anyway, it gave me a sudden spike of 1% of drain, but it is (more) stable now...

So, since this is not a controlled environment, I cannot assure that the (previous version of the) widget was the single culprit.

In any case, returning to a Garmin-only apps/widget solved my problem.

• So, since this is not a controlled environment, I cannot assure that the (previous version of the) widget was the single culprit.

I completely understand. We are dealing with many moving parts. A lot of data is needed to isolate problems like this, I hope and expect that Garmin is getting a lot of the needed data from our daily uploads.

• I've tried to charge it with both wall-charger and computer, it is the same: the watch charges up to 100%, then when I unplug it, it decreases at roughly 43%/day... It lasts two days only.

I am very curious to find out if you have seen any improvement in battery drain over the last few days. You reported very high battery drain in December. I am wondering if Garmin has changed something in the background.

• for me, in 15.10 was disaster, maybe not a few % per hour, but with no activities watch lived about 4-5 day. now - after upade to 15.20 and uninstall ANY non-garmin widget is back ok. +week with about 5-7 activities hours (i have another watch to use, so only 5-7 ;))

• I have a Fenix 5s, hence 15.10, no update to 15.20, so I would say that also in your case it was some non-garmin widget doing the "trick"...

• I have a Fenix 5s, hence 15.10, no update to 15.20, so I would say that also in your case it was some non-garmin widget doing the "trick"...

In my case, the update to 15.10 and the installation of the update to the Battery Widget were simultaneous. For that reason, it would be impossible to determine the contributor to the clear improvement in battery life. What I can say is that I had removed it before with not change, but that was months ago. If a growing number of people are experiencing improvements at this time based on a range of different changes, my guess would be to consider that those changes did not do the trick.

• I can confirm that the battery widget was draining the battery. That was the only 3rd party/watch face that i had on my watch. I did the same test as i did yesterday with the widget. OHR, Bluetooth and wifi off. 100% charge, with the widget in about 2 hours it dropped me about 3 % and kept on dropping until i removed the battery widget.

Today samething again 100% charge same things as above off except for Bluetooth that is back on, its been 10 hours and still at 97%. Looks like I am back at around 0.2% per hour which is great! This is no 3rd party apps on the watch.

Also the last time i had an update from Garmin connect, was at the begging of the month, same for the battery widget. So i don't believe Garmin is the one that solved anything, but they are also not the ones that caused the issue as it everything is pointing to the widget on a fenix 5 sapphire so no 15.2 FW available, and it does not seem to need it either.