Insane Battery drain since 15.10

Hi,

Since updating my Fenix5 to 15.10 the Battery drains about 1% per hour.
Whats wrong?
With Firmware 12.40 it needed about 6% per DAY.
With newer updates since 12.40 it gets worse and worse, but now with 1% per hour …. thats insane.

What can I do?
Is there any possibilty to Downgrade?

With best Regards,
Patrick

• scusa mario non ho capito una cosa: tu avevi un widget batteria di terze parti?
    io ho il problema che mi si scarica ma non ho mai avuto widget al di fuori di quelle garmin...secondo te cosa dovrei fare per risolvere, rimuovere il widget batteria originale della garmin nelle schermate dell'orologio?

sorry mario I did not understand one thing: did you have a third-party battery widget?
    I have the problem that I get discharged but I have never had widgets outside of those garmin ... in your opinion what should I do to solve, remove the original battery widget of the garmin in the clock screens?
  • Yes i had a 3rd party app for battery monitoring from the connect IQ store and this was causing me issues. 

What you are referring to is the standard battery indicator that can be added to any garmin watch face. This is not a problem.

As RonHi mentioned, there a lot of moving parts and different watches.

If you have a 5X update to 15.2:

for me, in 15.10 was disaster, maybe not a few % per hour, but with no activities watch lived about 4-5 day. now - after upade to 15.20 and uninstall ANY non-garmin widget is back ok. +week with about 5-7 activities hours (i have another watch to use, so only 5-7 ;))

any other Fenix we are 15.10 that should be ok (it is for me now). i would say start by removing all 3rd party watch faces as well as there might be one that is using more battery.

the other thing i had found is that wifi auto upload was also eating up more battery, but i cant remember if this is in 15.0 or 15.1 FW.

Hope it helps!

•  I am still convinced, that foreign APPs, foreign Widgets or high rate data transfer (BT or WiFi) are the reason for high battery consum.
    Please write always if you complain, what kind of APPS or Widget you are using. Also, if you use BT and WIFI.

For 8 days I wrote:

It is my third Fenix 5x. I had problems with the USB-Connector but never with high Battery drain. I have always installed the newest Firmware and never the battery drain increased. I use only Garmin native APPs or my own written Apps.

Because most of the user with high battery drain, had in the past no problems, we can excluded the hardware of the Fenix 5x to be the reason.

Because the newest Firmware is always identical across the world, the reason for the problem must be:

- an external APP or

- a setting of the watch.

For this reason, I would recommend, if you complain, to describe what kind of Apps or setting you are using. Perhaps on this way, we could find the reason for this high battery drain.

• I bought fenix5 August 19.i can not remember which firmware has the watch when i first started it,but i remember the battery lasts 4 to 5 days.2 week later i uploaded 14.20 ver and i noticed the battery life was double 10-12 Days.

With 15.10  the battery was terrible .2-3 days only.all this period  has only garmin wface ,widgets and the same settings.never uploaded something . Now i m back to 14.20 ver and fenix5 battery seems normal. I calculate 0.3-0.4 % per hour for now,and 5%/hour in run mode.

I do not upload the last beta  or version until garmin find solution . For me 14,20 is fine,for others terrible. Exactly the opposite for me and others is 15,10.

• Just tested with Bluetooth, Activity tracking,  garmin original watchface, heart rate sensor on,  no additional widget. Is doing 3%/hour. Battery not lasting more than 2 days.. I am very said with it.... Disappointed

• When i update @15.10 garmin fenix 5 sapphire have a draining battery problemi. I tried to come back to 14.20, delete any data field, widget... the draining battery continued. I've try to reupdate to 15.10 but nothing to do. Now i don't know if waiting new firmware o replace the battery. Someone can help me?

• There are nothing to do for help you.

We have to wait fot the new software.for me the revent to 14.20 was not so bad.my fenix5  has stabilized around 10%per day in watch mode and 5 to 6% per hour in run mode.

I think new software is on the go.

• Im on 15.20, using Infocal watch face, my battery lasted for 14 days. Bt, wi-fi are off, activity tracking on all the time, watch HRM sensor is turned off when I dont have F5X on my hand.

• Hello Yannig

Was this Data Field the only product (Data Field, Widget and APP) which was not original  develloped by Garmin?

And are you absolute certain, that this was the reason?

Thank you for your help.