Insane Battery drain since 15.10

Hi,

Since updating my Fenix5 to 15.10 the Battery drains about 1% per hour.
Whats wrong?
With Firmware 12.40 it needed about 6% per DAY.
With newer updates since 12.40 it gets worse and worse, but now with 1% per hour …. thats insane.

What can I do?
Is there any possibilty to Downgrade?

With best Regards,
Patrick

• When l plug my fenix 5 on PC i can see a folder garmin and a file autorun.open the folder garmin and there is others folders like apps.activity.gps....etc and the last folder is garmindevice.xml.   please tell me  if this is the folder i put the fenix5 1420 gcd file

Where i can find the system back date v1420 folder.?

I have already downloaded the file fenix5 1420,gcd from the link where is all the firmwares.this is the file i put in garmindevi ce folder?

I want go to 14,20 from 15,10 

I m not very good with this staf so please little help.thank you

• I suggest that you re-read my post carefully and try again. I will nevertheless try to answer the questions that you have asked in order to assist you:

Q. When l plug my fenix 5 on PC i can see a folder garmin and a file autorun.open the folder garmin and there is others folders like apps.activity.gps....etc and the last folder is garmindevice.xml.   please tell me  if this is the folder i put the fenix5 1420 gcd file

A. garmindevice.xml is not a folder it is a file and it is in the Garmin directory, which is where you need to place the 14.20 backup file.

Q. Where i can find the system back date v1420 folder.? 

A. The folder you want is, "System_Backdate_v1420 folder", which is a folder in the 14.77 download that I provided the link for.

Q. I have already downloaded the file fenix5 1420,gcd from the link where is all the firmwares.this is the file i put in garmindevi ce folder?

A. I am not sure what you mean by the, fenix5 1420,gcd, the file that you need is named, "gupdate.gcd" and it is located in the System_Backdate_v1420 folder in the 14.77 file that you need to download.

Q. I want go to 14,20 from 15,10 

A. That's fine but to go to 14.20, you need to download the 14.77 firmware where you will find the 14.20  backup

I hope this helps.

• Same issue for me with my Fenix 5. Before 15.10, battery life was almost 2 weeks now it's about 1 week. Autonomy divided by 2.

• Thanks for your answer.yes this helps

1.downlonded the 1477beta  unzip and i found the folder system back date 1420 and the file inside gupdate.gcd

The next step is to put this gupdate.gcd into the file - garmindevice.xml-.i have already set my watch autoupdate off.

About garmin express.i set express not to start when i plug my fenix. I set express  shebule to never.

2 after that i  will put out tne fenix from pc.

Then i will wait to see a warning in the watch for the update and proceed to the update.

Is this right,?

My fenix5 when it start from 100% battery has a 0.3per hour . when the battery touch 82% the battery drain rapidly and in 2 hours has 10%.last charging cycle that happened at 71%.other cycle at 32% .the watch go 3-4 Days.1420the battery was normal.

• Today, I went off the office at 12AM, 100% loaded, go for a 20mn walk with GPS turned on, went back to the office. When I look back at the battery loas at 2:45 PM I only 89% battery !!! Ouch 11% gone in less than 3 hours !!!

• Good morning, I believe we are wasting time here because the Garmin company is not worrying about it. The correct would be to not buy more products from her. There are many companies that are much better until the Chinese are ahead.

• In short Garmin literally forget the old gadgets.

• The Huawei GT 2 has a battery that lasts 14 days, has the same metrics of my Fenix ​​5 for a much lower price.

• No Problem with Fenix 5x and Firmware 15.20. Charged 3 days ago, 6 h activities and still 60% of charge.

Using only oroginal garmin apps!

• I succeed to go  back 14.20 ver for my fenix5

Lost all fitness data and created all settings for one more time.

So the watch in activity run mode for 55 min eazy run spend 5% battery,same with 15.10 ver.

Then i plugged for  a full charge.

The watch from 100% at 23.00 go 99% at 07.00(over the night).now at 08.30 is 98%.i think is o.k for now.

That's my first experience for the revent to 14.20.i keep my eye to the battery and inform the forum

I have the same settings as before . stock watch face,HR wrist on, light 20%for 8min,4 alarms with vibration, wrist light at night.