Treadmill Calibration seems broken on Software 14.10 and 14.20 Fenix 5X

After the update to software version 14.10 and after updating to 14.20 my treadmill runs have been throwing slower paces in the order of 12minutes /km when the machine is giving me just below 8 minutes/km, I have ended the treadmill activity about 2 or 3 times with the calibrate and save option entering the actual distance, but it seems there is no change, and the runs after calibrating keep the slow pace. 

• Garmin sent me a new 935 after I reported the treadmill calibration problem with the 14.10 update. The new watch came pre-loaded with the 13.30 software. The treadmill calibration worked fine. My mistake was that I updated the software to 14.10, and that's when I started experiencing issues again with the treadmill calibration. The calibration is not off by a little, but by a lot. My point is, your watch is not broken...there's a problem with both the 14.10 and 14.20 updates. My Fenix 5 has the 14.20 update and that one is off as well, more than my 935.      

• Precisely.  I wish there was a way to roll back to 13.30.

• Here is my conversation with "JH" on Garmin's FB page today:

JH:
    Thank you for reaching out, Peggy. I truly understand your level of frustration as this affects a feature that you use quite often. I pulled up your account and see that Neomi has in fact added you to a case for our senior support and engineers to review. Unfortunately, there is not an ETA on when this will be resolved. Even if the issue turns out to be a simple math problem there are many steps and processes to go through to ensure that this problem is corrected and when it is, it will be scheduled to appear in the next software update whenever that may occur. I wanted to let you know that this may take some time, and no one is really going to know exactly when this will be fixed, just to have clear expectations. But I can assure you that our support office and engineering staff takes every case seriously and this will be resolved. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have other questions. ~JH
    Me:
    This really is not acceptable but thank you for your response. Is there anyway I can roll my Garmin back to a known working version?
    14.20 just doesn’t work.
    JH:
    There is not a way to roll back to the software. But I’d like to work out a deal with you. I would be more than happy to exchange your fēnix 5s with a refurbished model. I cannot guarantee that you won’t have the same issue again. However, this problem you’re having has only been reported by 4 other people and is likely an isolated issue that will not be present in a replacement. Your device is outside of warranty, but I would love to exchange this for you free of charge. The replacement would be free, and we’ll ship it back to you for free. You’ll just have to pay to ship yours to us. Once we get your model, the replacement will be sent to you. If you’re interested in this please reply with your shipping address and phone number. ~JH
    Me:
    Interesting proposal but no guarantee to fix the problem.. This is such a disappointment. I love(d) this watch. There is clearly a problem. I cannot believe that this watch how now been rendered fairly useless for the main purpose that I bought it, and it was expensive! I don't think the "only 4 people have reported this problem" is valid. Clearly it IS a problem that I did not cause. There has to be a better answer.
    JH:
    I understand your frustration, Peggy. At this time, we’ve only had a very small group of people reporting it us at least. I don’t want you to get the wrong impression that we think you caused this. We do not believe that you were at fault and that’s why I’d like to exchange it for you. If you want to move forward on the exchange just let me know and confirm your address and phone number. ~JH
  • And to be clear, EVERY morning I run on my treadmill.  EVERY morning at 1.79 miles on my Precor treadmill Garmin buzzes and tells me I've run 1 mile.  It is woefully off in step/treadmill calculation - absolutely repeatable.

• Here is the response I received from the front line Garmin support person when I asked for status on Sept 16th:

Hello Peggy,

I can confirm that the case has been escalated to a high priority for our technicians. Because the case is still under review, I have no other updated information to provide until an action plan is shared with us. You will likely hear about the resolution before the support department, as they will email you right away to update the software on your device once a resolution is implemented. 

I completely understand that this is a convenience, but can assure the issue is being worked on expediently. 

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Neomi

Product Support

Garmin International

• I believe you guys should also create a 14.20 thread instead of writing under 14.1 that probably nobody is gonna read...

• OMG i just updated on the weekend. I run on the treadmill about 6 days a week avewraging about 55-60km. Did 2 runs yesterday then this morning and totally off even after calibrating both times.

Is this a software issue as no exchange will help.

Any more feedback?

• I just updated last week all my runs are off. did a double yesterday and calibrated then this morning. Do all my runs on treadmill besides races. Do 55-60km a week running 6 days.

A refurbished watch wont fix it if this is a software issue.

Any updates?

• Ok well good news. I got my Fenix 5 and 935 to calibrate correctly. For my Fenix 5 I had to do a hard reset. Go into your settings and select Restore Defaults. You'll have to pair your watch again with your phone and reenter your preferred watch settings, but it should work. Run over 1 mile on the treadmill and recalibrate. For my 935 I did a soft reset and it worked. Good luck everyone.