This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 13.40 update high battery drain

Yesterday I received the update 13.40 for my fenix 5 wifi (with sapphire glass). And the battery was discharged by 10% within 12 hours (no GPS usage today). The same problem existed before, but the firmware 12.30 fixed it. And the battery drain was OK about 7-10% within 24 hours.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? I have already restarted the watch, which did not help.

• Normal Fenix 5 on v13.4.  Running only HR & Bluetooth.  .996% per hour since last charge!!

• In a strange way, every hour in different ways .. It happens 1% for 1h40min .. And it happens for 1h20min .. Some kind of uncertainty .. For now I'll see what happens. And either wait for the new software .. Or 13.51 beta .. I hope it will be released soon 13.51.

• Excuse me, how could you back to 13.30 version?
    Thanks a lot.

• Same problem in Spaint too. 

• Watch lasted 10-12 days on a charge with 5-6 activities a week with 13.30.  Now I'm losing 20% a day without activities and bluetooth off. 13.40 has destroyed my battery life. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago

I rolled back to 13.30 and I am now getting better battery life in GPS than I was in standby on13.40.

Why hasn't this been pulled? It still shows as an available update in the web version of connect.

I would struggle to get two days of battery life.

• For 8 hours at 13.40 I discharged 4% .. It seems to be adapting, maybe I need to be patient? I’ll look again .. I hope to complete 13.51 during this time

• I went back to 13.3 the watch is fine again.

1% in 4 hours.

I didn’t update to 13.51, I just did the point 8. From the description. 

I never started the garmin express tomprevent installing the newer sensor hub. Now i disabled all auto update feature.

• Back to 13.30 with hub software 6.80

seems to be okay now

Slight smile

• I am as well looking to go back. Can you tell me if these are the steps to follow:

1. Download and unzip fenix_***Beta.zip
    2. Place the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device
    3. Place the gupXXXX.gcd file, found in the Sensor Hub_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of the device
    4. Place the gupXXXX.gcd file, found in the GPS_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of the device
    5. If you have a WiFi-enabled device, place the gupXXXX.gcd file, found in the WiFi_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of the device
    6. Place all files found in the Text_v*** folder into the \Garmin\TEXT folder of the device
    7. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update.
    8. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_Backdate_v1250 folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
    9. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

So I do steps 1 to 8 while the cable connected to the watch. After I do step 1-8 then I just disconnect the cable from the watch and the install will happen on its own ? Is this correct, as it is not so clear to me when I am reading the instructions.