This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Approach S20 showing only 3 clubs , no irons

Played on Thursday, watch recorded ok. On Sunday it would only allow driver, 5 wood, hybrid as selections to record club used - no irons.

• Same issue for me today - could only choose from three clubs...

• I have updated everything via Garmin Express on my computer. Don't know if this will fix problem or not. One thing that I did do, was retire a couple of clubs from my bag that I don't use. Seems like the problem started after I did this. Not sure if it's related or not but seems like one heck of a coincidence.

• Hi Challe700, my advice to you would be the same as 1849314. Use Garmin Express to re-install update 'Golf Clubs'. I'm assuming they will find the issue resolved. Helpful if they could update us on that. Have you also read through the thread? Good luck.

• Let us know if issue is resolved. I've had no problem since I carried out the same procedure. I have had issues with the data not registering on the watch before the next hole is played, but assume this to be due to GPS technology, sometimes a bit slow which causes the watch to lag. IE play a driver on the next hole and it decides to record it on the previous hole! Inconvenience but not the end of the world. We love a challenge.

• I've got the same issue with a Garmin Approach S20 (30 Nov 2021). Only 2 clubs able to be selected. I have sync'd on my PC after it showed that golf clubs would be updated but this did not fix it. Manually recording clubs used during a game and updating the clubs manually after syncing. Garmin connect states that I have the latest software update. Would appreciate it if Garmin-Rob would post the fix here.

• Garmin never responded to my issue and it still exists. I've discontinued tracking my clubs as a result. Only use it now to obtain distances. Then I manually edit the shots that I can recall on the app after the round. This defeats the whole purpose and I would not recommend this product as a result of this issue and because of lack of a response from customer service.

• I had the same issue. I just went to connect.garmin.com, added a nickname for all my clubs, then re-synced the watch through the garmin express app (not the phone).

I had a garmin express update, so I can't say for certain which component fixed it for me, but it does appear that all my clubs now show up when selecting a club after a shot.

• Thanks. Mine is fixed too now after installing Garmin Express. I was previously syncing with Garmin Connect but the Express app seems to work better.

• Now I got this issue again... My S20 worked fine the end of last season and the start of this season, but now it is almost useless. The last rounds I have only been able to choose from Driver, 3-wood and 3-hybrid. And for putts I have only the choise of 0 or 1 putt.

Garmin - have you not solved this issue yet???? My S20 is synced with Garmin express but it does not solve this issue. I have tried to restart it several times - no difference...

• I have developed the same issue i update regularly both on computer and app but problem still there