Appearance Day Color and Night Color does not change (using 16.50 version)

Using montana 700i, software version 16.50 with latest maps / firmware

I cannot change Day Color or Night Color of my maps. This is really
annoying since it hinders navigation in certain circumstances (eg at night)

The setting can be found in :

home / setup / display / Appearance / Day Color

home / setup / display / Appearance / Night Color

How can I fix this?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Might want to post a short video clip of making the change and nothing happening, as this feature works just fine on my Montana 700 v1650 and 750i v1650.

• Thank you. 

The Mode at top of menu is set to Auto, so stays in day mode until night fall.  Change mode to night to see night colors. 

• 1. It IS night when the video is taken.

2.neither Day or Night works.

3. When setting mode manually to day or night and changing the color does not work.
        this is explicitly tested.

• 1. It IS night when the video is taken.

2.neither Day or Night works.

3. When setting mode manually to day or night and changing the color does not work.
        this is explicitly tested.

1. But does the GPSr know that? No, because you have no GPS signal (see empty bars at top left of screen).

2. Those are the only two options, so one or the other will always be active, there is no third middle ground....

3. Might want to revisit your testing methods....

• Yes my GPS know that, because I manually override by selecting an option, and
    nothing changes whether I have a gps signal or not. Also you do not need a GPS signal
    at all to change a map color. This also always worked before upgrading the software.
    And no: downgrading to a previous version is not what i call a solution to broken functionality.

• In the video you have Mode set to Auto. This setting requires a GPS lock to determine location and time before Day or Night mode can be automatically enabled. 

• Hello, I am hoping I have understood the issue well enough but it appears you are wanting to change the mode from day to night but you are only changing the colors of that mode. 

Mode

Sets a light background, a dark background, or automatically switches between the two based on the sunrise and sunset time for your current location.

Day Color

Sets the color for the selections made when in day mode.

Night Color

Sets the color for the selections made when in night mode.

You are only changing the color for selection made while in day or night mode which is why you aren't seeing a change. If you want it to switch from day to night you will need to change the MODE selection. 

• Hi Garmin-Leslie,

Thanks for the answer. By setting the mode explicitly to day or night and change color had no effect. This is also the way I have tried it before, but maybe not described it enough in my question. The map does not change from color. I have added some example screen shots. Also I have tried: Factory reset my device, (manually) removed all maps, reinstalled maps, re-installed garmin connected app. This all had no effect.

.Set mode to night, change color to greenmap color does not change

• I don't see any issue on your screenshots. You have set Mode to 'Night', so all is in night mode. If you mean the options "Day Color" and "Night Color", this has nothing to do with the map. Those options are just used for the menu. If you press some menu entry, it's shown in the choosen color, depending, if device currently runs in 'Day' or 'Night' mode.