Recalculation gets stuck on 80%...always

Montana 700i with last firmware updates.

With explore app I will pass an address to route...it calculates slowly but it works.

If if I leave the route, it tries to recalculate the route but it stops at 80%. After a lot of time it shows an error...a message similar to unable to calculate the route.

are there options that I need to check? (I use it on motorbike with car profile)

• Garmin Express tells me my maps are up to date and my "Software Version: 15.20". Is this the firmware? Who knows.

• Perfect!

Now remove the 'Free Open GPS NZ Auto routing' map and then disable all remaining maps before testing again.

• Hello,

This has to do with the MAP Sets.
    For example if your activity is set to Walking, and you have City Navigator map set enabled in the
    home screen/ map the calculation gets stuck.
    Also routes become very weird!

You can set an option to automatically select the correct map sets belonging to an activity
    or select / deselect maps from the home / map screen. Try for example to disable City Navigator maps
    when Activity is Walking, and calculate some random route, this way you can test it.
    Maps can be selected by the square symbol on the map -->

[]
     []

• found the setting:

Look at home / setup / map / Map Manager / Set the option Automatic Maps ON

• Im in South Africa. Got the same 80% calculation fuckup/freeze and eventually get “route calculator error” on the screen

I assumed my unit was faulty till I found this on the web and I see the oldest post is 10 months old. WTF Garmin still hasn’t fixed the issue?

surely they must know about this by now?

• This problem has not been fixed. In New Zealand you are b

• This problem has not been fixed which means that in NZ you are better off using Google and your mobile phone (but you then you lose the waterproof feature of the Montana and a mobile phone does not work too well on an adventure motorcycle as it is not robust enough)! I improved my situation somewhat when I realised that the Garmin purchased maps were not kept up to date. I now use openmapchest (free and available most places but a bit of a hassle to unzip etc and load onto the Montana 750i). With this you must not use 'auto' maps which just doesn't work. When driving make sure everything is greyed out except openmapchest and the basemap. When I move to hiking I manually change the map to the NZ Topomaps (free). The Montana 750i seems OK in terms of hardware but the Garmin software is reminiscent of Microsoft 'bloatware' at its worst. It needs a bottom up renovation. It is user unfriendly, has a convoluted interface and is far from intuitive and have you tried to use Basecamp!. I think the recalculation error is serious because it doesn't keep trying for long enough also if you make a small wrong turning it can't cope. For example, there is a new motorway in Auckland that bypasses parts of State Highway 1. Garmin maps hasn't grasped the changes in the gradual opening of this motorway (maps not up to date) but the software still can't get you back on track when you get back on State Highway 1 !!! So there is something seriously wrong here that goes beyond the maps being out of date or not detailed enough. Another problem is that it can't 'find' simple addresses that you know exist. Garmin software really is crap.

• I would agree,  this is a piece of junk - and heavy at that!  - the iphone in a quadlock case and a vibration dampener harness is as good and I tto thought that the 750! would be a good transition between car, bike and field work that I do.  I bought the 750I because of the in reach but realistically, The latest iphones have SOS in most coverage.  Anyone want to buy a 750I ?