Switch off course alerts on Montana 700i/750i

Is there a way to switch off the course alerts for on course / off course on the 700i Montana? Or customise the distance before the alert triggers?

It never used to give these warnings which now take up the whole screen and I'm sometimes finding it hard to acknowledge the alerts and see where I'm at vs where I'm supposed to be while riding my moto off-road

• Hi Leslie. I raised this issue immediately following the “update” that initially caused these off course alerts - which was 18 months ago. After jumping through numerous hoops such as following your instructions to upload all my system files with certain files removed, which was a faff, I was told that it would be resolved in a future update. The off/on  course alerts have caused me immeasurable inconvenience. I literally had one last look through all the settings last weekend before I planned to put the Montana on eBay when I found a setting to turn the damned course warnings off. It was like winning the lottery! My beef now is that Garmin must have at least 5/6 tickets from me to complain about this issue yet nobody alerted me that the issue had been resolved. I only discovered the new feature entirely by accident by having one last look through settings before ditching it. WHY WAS I NOT CONTACTED?

•  Hello, I am sorry that you were not contacted when this was resolved. I do not work the Garmin UK cases so I apoligize if there was not follow up. We have multiple other ways you could have seen the update though. We post on here the change log when updates come out that mention what changed Montana 7XX/7XXi Software Version 16.50, you can also see it in garmin express before running the update, and we have it online on our support center Montana 7XX Series Firmware Update Release Notes. I am however, happy you did notice the change on your device are happy with the update.