Switch off course alerts on Montana 700i/750i

Is there a way to switch off the course alerts for on course / off course on the 700i Montana? Or customise the distance before the alert triggers?

It never used to give these warnings which now take up the whole screen and I'm sometimes finding it hard to acknowledge the alerts and see where I'm at vs where I'm supposed to be while riding my moto off-road

• No, Garmin have left out any options to configure or disable these alerts....

• I have the same issue. I asked Garmin about it and the person I spoke to didn't appear to know what I was talking about. Eventually he told me he had passed it over to the tech team to investigate and asked me to call back in a few weeks. This 'Off Course' alert only started happening on my Montana 700 after the last software update, it didn't do it before that. As the other respondent says there is no way to turn it off. If you do find a way please let me know.

• I'd really like a way to switch off the course alerts. I'm sure they're useful sometimes, but it's a pain not to have the choice of on or off.

Garmin: please can you put a switch in so users can toggle course alerts on or off?

Thank you.

• Although Garmin employees sometimes read the forums (and, rarely, respond), you are unlikely to get any action on enhancements. Submit your enhancement requests here:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• Thank you - I have used the online form following your link. Here's hoping!

I have a Montana 700 Serial # ******. Following the last Garmin update it began warning me when following a track if I was 'Off Course' or 'Back On Course.' also at the same time there is a loud 'Chirrup' sound. It did not do this before the update. I have made and given up making extensive enquiries to find out how to turn this warning and sound off, without success. Garmin help told me it is in the 'Marine' settings? It is not - and I never use marine profile anyway. I am an amateur photographer and you can imagine how frustrating this issue is when trying to take a wildlife shot and the damn chirrup sounds and scares the bird off! My idea is this: Please add a function to settings to enable the Off Course/On Course and ESPECIALLY the sound to be turned off! After my initial delight with the new Montana this "upgrade" has really spoiled the party! Many thanks and kind regards, Gary (England, UK).

• What happens if you convert this route to a track or a routing?

• hi has anyone managed to get a solution to this issue ? Riding on a gravel road at high speed trying to push OK is not ideal .....

• Garmin have completely ignored the issue. I have tried numerous times but they just blank me. After sale service leaves a lot to be desired. The only way to silence I have found is to turn off ALL warnings/sounds completely. You still get the 'Off Course' blank white screen though. So irritating and frustrating that this cannot be turned off in settings.

• I have the same problem.  After installing the update it shows off course/on course messages.  I've never seen them before.  It's so annoying.  I've just got off the phone from Garmin Australia.  He told me to go into Marine settings which didn't fix the problem.  He has created a ticket and sent it to the techs so I'll keep you informed if I get a result.  Not holding my breath though.

• hi all , I might have found half a solution. In the marine settings I have turned on the off-course alarm and set the distance to 1000 kms , I have tested it 3 times and it now only comes up once when you are on the course but never comes up when you go off the course. I will continue testing ......